so my new baby curve 8310 is 2 days old, and i have the password lock on. today i put in the password, it was correct but she froze, and stay on the screen saying please wait. 3 minutes later she turned completely white. then she came on saying blackberry curve blackberry pearl error.

now she is working fine. should i take this back to the store for a replacement?
    03-24-08 12:01 PM
    I've never seen that error before. If it is only 2 days old, why not take it back. Otherwise, try reinstalling the firmware.
    03-25-08 07:47 AM
    today i tried to do a back up incase she freeze again, and it gives me a communication error and says data nnot recognzied by device. i really dont want to return and have to do everything all over again.

anybody know whats wrong?
    03-25-08 07:54 AM
    Since it is so new, probably not worth troubleshooting and trying to determine what is wrong. I'd try exchanging it. You didn't mention what version of Desktop Manager you were using to perform your backup. However, if you're using 4.3, you might try replacing it with 4.2 (SP2) and see if that helps. I'd still exchange the phone though...
    03-25-08 09:42 AM
    im using DM 4.3, i never had this problem with my 8300. i didnt want to exchange bc then some of the apps i would have to re purchase, bc i did a one time transfer and paid half price for the apps to transfer from the 8300 to 8310. someone told me to go to advanced during the back up and select something, then back up whatever i can, then wipe the device and then restore it.
    03-25-08 10:44 AM
    can someone tell me how to use the advanced options when im doing a back up? once it trys to back up the messages, I get the communication error. I really dont want to take it back to the store and do everything all over. someone please help!!!
    03-25-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD