First, I don't have OS 4.5. I'm still running the "official" 4.2 OS for AT&T.

I'm curious about the new browser for OS 4.5. Does it have better support for Javascript? The reason I'm asking is that I purchased some ebooks from ebooks.com which now have the option to view them online (usually, I have to use the Adobe Digital Editions reader on my laptop). I tried loading the "online" version of the ebook into the latest version of Opera Mini and the default "berry" browser. Neither one could allow me to view the book correctly. However, the Berry browser did better than Opera Mini in its attempt!

If anybody wants to help me out (and has the OS 4.5 browser), you can go to "ebooks.com" and click the "Free Excerpts" link towards the top of the page. Then, just pick a book title and the "eb20" online reader should load the sample in the web page. Let me know what you see. Better yet, post a sample screenshot if you wish!

Any information would be enlightening! I would love to read my ebook stuff on my berry! (eventually.....come on AT&T!!)
    07-06-08 11:17 PM
    I use a free app called mobireader and am able to buy and read books from ebooks and mobireader's catalog. Its really great and you don't have to read them over the net.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 12:39 AM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do indeed have Mobipocket on my Curve. I have two ebooks I bought from Mobipocket's site.

I guess I didn't want to buy the book twice. Also, some formatting in the ebook.com version (e.g., tables, illustrations) will not be visible in the mobipocket version.

Speaking of Mobipocket, it's great for "novel" type books without a lot of formatting. For the titles I purchased in that format, it's been great!
    07-07-08 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD