I've GOT to quit reading articles online about $67K phone bills and such! This is my first smartphone ever and I have the Alltel Smart Choice Pack 1200, so I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it! I know we've all had one of those cell bills that knocked our socks off when we opened the envelope/email, and I certainly don't want that to again! I learned the hard way that using the internet on my ROKR was NOT a good plan when we had four other people on the account using minutes!

So, assure me that my bill is not going to blow me away. Pretty please. Lie to me if you have to.
    04-29-09 08:35 AM
    I dont know what AT&T prices are LOL but Ill lie to ya, its gonna be fine! ha.
    04-29-09 08:36 AM
    Oh, I'm used to paying the plan prices, we have had Alltel service for five or six years now, I'm just worried about the data usage, or doing something that's not covered by my plan and then getting one of those reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally high phone bills that make you cry!
    04-29-09 08:43 AM
    LOL if you have unlimited data, you should be golden as far as data charges, same with any phone though - just watch so you dont go over mins or texts.
    04-29-09 08:45 AM
    Gotcha! I'm gonna keep a close eye on my Alltel account this month, hopefully it'll alert me if anything is getting out of hand.
    04-29-09 08:52 AM
    Yes keep a close eye with AllTell, When i had them after setting up my phone the rep said i was good to go with just a text package, I had explained to her that i get alot of pic mail. we guess what? My first bill was almost $500 because i was getting charged for every pic mail.....Needless to say i paid the bill and switched carriers.....
    04-29-09 09:51 AM
    Hi out there. I am very new to the BB world and smartphones. I don't know what I am doing. Everything seems to repeat itself. Anyone care to help me?
    04-29-09 10:01 AM
    I did that with data minutes on my ROKR. I didn't realize I was using "Anytime" minutes when I was on the 'net with my ROKR. That bill was over $400. Fun times.

The rep I worked with Monday was SUPER helpful and very nice. He assured me I should be good to go, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on things. I don't want another one of those bills, as Dave Ramsey calls them, Stupid Tax. Heh, I don't wanna pay that!

I keep looking over the plan I'm signed up on and I shouldn't have any problems, but I'm still nervous!
    04-29-09 10:01 AM
    you're good with the smartchoice package. it has unlimited text/pic messages(daughter sends over 6000 text messages per month). i have the same plan (or 1400) and added with my circle i never have to worry.
    04-29-09 10:03 AM
    You don't need to worry with that plan. It covers everything you will do with the exception of tethering. I've been with Alltel for 6+ years and every time I've had a problem with the billing I just call them and they make an adjustment to the bill.
    04-29-09 10:34 AM
    Jessica I have the same plan with Alltel.You should have unlimited [email protected] you won't be using your anytime minutes.Call *611 and ask them what data plan you have.They'll let you know what one you have.Chill out and don't stress Alltel will work with you.I just hope when Verizon is fully in charge they are just as GREAT as Alltel.
    04-29-09 10:44 AM
    Oh, you guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the reassurance! This is SUCH a change! For the better though, I'm lovin' it!
    04-29-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD