ok so i have a beta version of 4.5 for my 8320 and after reading some of the forums about it im kinda nervous about installing it, any feedback from anyone who has installed it would be appreciated
    04-01-08 03:21 AM
    I would just wait until the official release
    04-01-08 03:56 AM
    I would just wait until the official release
    Ditto that.
    04-01-08 03:58 AM
    i agree. i would just wait till its official. it would be cool to have all the extras that the new os has. but i wouldnt want anything bad to happen to my berry. so just be patient, it should be dropping soon..
    04-01-08 03:58 AM
    well i guess it doesnt really matter cuz i cant get this thing to load on my bb i know i saw a post with the process on it but cant seem to find it now
    04-01-08 03:59 AM
    Of course I can't wait so I am getting 4.5 right now. I am going to try it and it I do not like it I'll dump it
    04-01-08 04:05 AM
    The reason ithat 4.5 is a beta release is that it is not yet ready for general release.

I would love the new features BUT I want a working phone more. Thus I shall wait or a couple of weeks after the general release announcement before I upgrade. I shall watch these forums like a hawk because I really do want this thing.

but....

You can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their backs.

or....

There is a difference between leading edge and bleeding edge.

Hang on folks, when RIM thinks 4.5 is ready for release, they will release it. Then the fun will begin.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete6; 04-01-08 at 04:08 AM.
    04-01-08 04:06 AM
    The reason it's a beta release is that it is not yet ready for general release.

I would love the new features BUT I want a working phone more. Thus I shall wait fefor a couple of weeks after the general release announcement before I upgrade. I shall watch these forums like a hwk because I really do want this thing.

but....

You can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their backs.

or....

There is a difference between leading edge and bleeding edge.

Hang on folks, when RIM thinks 4.5 is ready for release, they will release it. Then the fun will begin.

Pete
    i for sure agree with you but ia m super impatient lol so if i can get this thing to work ill either love it or dump it but i cant even get it to load maybe because im tired im just missing some stupid siomple step to the upgrade lol
    04-01-08 04:08 AM
    crackvegas if you get it to work let me know... i just got off work so ill be up a while im gonna try to get into CTIA tomorrow but who needs sleep lol
    04-01-08 04:10 AM
    What do these updates to the OS bring??? what features do they have ????? and does this update also work for the 8310?
    04-01-08 04:14 AM
    it offers all kinds of stuff new toys to play with for the bb basicly

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/4-5-8300-review-26993/
    04-01-08 04:18 AM
    crackvegas if you get it to work let me know... i just got off work so ill be up a while im gonna try to get into CTIA tomorrow but who needs sleep lol
    I decided to wait after all. What part of Vegas are you in. I'm out in North Vegas. Hit me on bbm anytime.
    04-01-08 05:01 AM
    im out off of 215 and 95 on the north side
    04-01-08 05:03 AM
    ok so i got the 4.3 DM and tried everything i could think of and still cant get the new OS on my phone what am i doing wrong, i have never had this much trouble doing something, its starting to annoy me where is one of these nifty moderators that always have all the answers lol(they're sleeping like i need to be, but i dont accept defeat)
    04-01-08 05:48 AM
    Have you read through this and followed all the steps?
    How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-01-08 05:51 AM
    (sound of angels singing) i was looking for that everywhere lol i must be stupid lol thank you you saved me from what would have turned into days of no sleep lol jk
    04-01-08 05:53 AM
    ok so i got it all figured out now with the help from everyone here and the software is now loading i cant wait until its done, thanks again to chaz and crackvegas78
    04-01-08 06:25 AM
    Im waiting too!
    04-01-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD