thanks to all. I'm a newbie that needs a good to do list that I can have as the home page and a simple word processor that I can transer docs to my pc and ms word.
    all help is welcome
    thanks Bill
    09-15-08 02:21 AM
    When Docs-to-Go is released with OS 4.5 for the 8330, it will provide the ability to edit word files. I don't know when that will be. eOffice is an alternative that's available now, but it's not free.

The task list in Outlook synchs to the the task list on the BlackBerry. There may be a theme that displays tasks on the home page; I don't know.
    09-15-08 11:16 PM
    Use the today theme it has like a calander on the home page and you could just write a do to list on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 11:20 PM
    When Docs-to-Go is released with OS 4.5 for the 8330, it will provide the ability to edit word files. I don't know when that will be. eOffice is an alternative that's available now, but it's not free.

The task list in Outlook synchs to the the task list on the BlackBerry. There may be a theme that displays tasks on the home page; I don't know.
    I purchased eOffice off of the deveoloper's website (Dynoplex) for $30 (half off) and I have to say I'm not impressed. The idea behind the software is a good one and the graphics are nothing to get excited about. The functionality of the product is upsetting. You're suppose to be able to convert Word and Excel files using a desktop version of eFile. I've tried various files including a simple "this is a test" document with no formatting...with no luck!

Also, this program is a memory hog.
    09-19-08 07:00 AM
    I tried the free trial of eOffice and could never get it to work satisfactorily either. The user interface was completely baffling. I gave up and deleted the app. I'm waiting on Docs-to-Go.
    09-19-08 09:26 AM
    I also have the hardest time with the to do list on these BlackBerry's , I need something on the home screen with my list of to do's with little red flags that tell me they are past due otherwise I completely forget about the WHOLE list. I keep thinking I will learn to seek out the list and manage it daily but it never gets any easier to remember.

09-19-08 10:38 AM
    I also have the hardest time with the to do list on these BlackBerry's , I need something on the home screen with my list of to do's with little red flags that tell me they are past due otherwise I completely forget about the WHOLE list. I keep thinking I will learn to seek out the list and manage it daily but it never gets any easier to remember.

Once Pocket Informant comes out with the BB version of their software, it will be the #1 program on my BB. I used this software on all of my previous (Windows Mobile) phones. As far as the original thread goes, I hope the docs-to-go software is better than eOffice.

Okay I take that back...I just Googled Pocket Informant and they DO have a version for BB!! I'm downloading it now!!Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant BlackBerry
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 09-19-08 at 11:03 AM.
    09-19-08 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the heads up , I am going to google it now.

09-19-08 11:01 AM
    I use MaraTick for checklists/tasks - I've tried other programs but keep coming back to MaraTick - it's easy and clean and gets the job done.
    09-19-08 11:06 AM
    I have 4.5 on my BB and the Docs to Go is decent. The free version doesn't allow creating new documents though. The work around to this is loading blank Word, Excel, and PP files to your media card. Then open, edit them, and save as a different file. This allows you to essentially create new documents. Be sure your files are in Office 2k3 or older format. I don't think it supports Office 2k7.

Since you are with VZW chances are that you will get the official release of 4.5 in about 2010. Seriously, they are pretty slow on getting the new versions released officially.
    09-19-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD