My friend has a BB Curve 8330 and does not know his password. However, the phone is on the LAST attempt to unlock it before deletion. Is there ANYTHING that can be done to get his info out of it? Anything at all? Thanks guys.
    10-02-09 07:45 PM
    My friend has a BB Curve 8330 and does not know his password. However, the phone is on the LAST attempt to unlock it before deletion. Is there ANYTHING that can be done to get his info out of it? Anything at all? Thanks guys.

Does he back up his bb frequently? If he does, it should not be that big of an issue if the deletion occurs. All he would have to do is restore the data from his DM.
    10-02-09 07:48 PM
    Unfortunately, despite my advice, he has not yet backed up the device.
    10-02-09 07:50 PM
    The answer is no. If there was, there would be no reason for password protection.

Sorry to hear this happened though.

Good luck
    10-02-09 07:51 PM
    Tell him to think long and hard and give it one more try. As was mentioned, there's no way to recover or extract the data from the phone, and it'll wipe itself.

Remember, you are, allowed to cuff him in the back of the head and say "you should've taken my advice about backups..."

One final thought. Search his computer for *.ipd files. If he's ever changed his OS via the computer, it should have automatically backed up his berry, then could restore from Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-02-09 at 08:07 PM.
    10-02-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD