Can unlocked t-mobile 8320 phones on the at&t network access BIS?

I can not get mine to work and I feel like I have tried everything in the book. We just bought it so I am trying to see if the phone came to use broken.
    01-26-10 11:30 AM
    Did you provision it under mobile networks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:57 AM
    Yes, the model is the correct match for AT&T.

However, there are settings beyond plugging in a SIM card. Your plan must be correctly provisioned for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and that can only be done if your device has been PIN released from the previous carrier.

Only the original owner can clear the PIN number.
    01-26-10 11:59 AM
    I have not recieved any errors when registering it on the BIS. It always gives the message "device change successful...". Could it still be that the PIN needs to be released? And I have talked to at&t they confirm i have a bis plan.
    01-26-10 12:13 PM
    Did you provision it under mobile networks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't have the option to provision it under mobile networks. All I see there is:
    Data services: on
    mobile network: AT&T

and under the menu i see help, copy, diagnostics test, switch application, close
    01-26-10 12:27 PM
    I have not recieved any errors when registering it on the BIS. It always gives the message "device change successful...". Could it still be that the PIN needs to be released? And I have talked to at&t they confirm i have a bis plan.

That good to hear.

You are able to log into BIS and send the service books. That should send a confirmation message to each of your email accounts.

It they are not getting that message, the problem is isolated to your carrier.
    01-26-10 01:20 PM
    The confirmation message never makes it to my e-mail.
    I've spent about 8 hours total on the phone or on chat with them and they assure me it is not on their end. Blackberry even told them it was most likely them. Any suggestions on how to communicate this or get them to fix the problem? Could it in anyway just be my phone I am thinking about returning it?
    BTW: Thanks for the input.
    01-26-10 01:32 PM
    If you can make a voice call, that is a good test of the radio and logic boards.

There are additional hardware test you can do to confirm the workings.

Options / Status. Type in test.

When it comes to dealing with your carriers customer service, you best hope is to get one that actually knows how these things work.

01-26-10 01:39 PM
    The voice call works just fine. Everything works except connecting to BIS.
    01-26-10 01:50 PM
    Did you register using the "Host routing table" option? Had to to that a few times when I activated an unlocked Telus BB on my Rogers service.
    01-26-10 02:13 PM
    A bunch of times and battery pulled a bunch of times.
    01-26-10 02:18 PM
    Anymore ideas?
    01-26-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD