I was having a great time at my sisters party........ until I thrown in the pool with all my cloths on. jeans, shirt, sneakers, money, wallet...... and to top it off my good ol blackberry curve.

please i need some words to make me feel a little better until i get another one. thanks
    07-27-08 04:01 AM
    Try letting it dry off.......it sometimes works :-\
    07-27-08 04:03 AM
    don't worry.. it happens.

my friend (back in the dorms) was getting ice cream and while getting ice cream she dropped her Blackjack or other smartphone into the hot water that the ice cream scoopers are kept.

so sad... but oh, so funny.

feel better :-D

PS- she opened her phone up and hair-dryed it.. it worked for like a day then crapped out.
    07-27-08 04:03 AM
    Pull the battery. Fill a baggie with dry Minute Rice. Put the phone in the baggie for 24 hours. This will draw out at extra moisture. It has worked well on my daughters phone & ipod. Hope this helps.
    07-27-08 05:39 AM
    I was having a great time at my sisters party........ until I thrown in the pool with all my cloths on. jeans, shirt, sneakers, money, wallet...... and to top it off my good ol blackberry curve.

please i need some words to make me feel a little better until i get another one. thanks
    Oh you're gonna for sure have to slap a hoe and make em pay!!! For real you put your foot down and force em to pay up... that's totally not cool. I hope you did a backup recently.

But don't you worry, it can be replaced and everything will be restored soon enough. But yes try the rice trick. There are even threads about it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spi...se-help-26744/
    07-27-08 05:52 AM
    I had my slvr (I know, totally not the same) fall out of my pocket into a toilet once! I was devestated at the time) but a friend told me to take it apart and put the pieces in the oven (with the oven off) and just let it chill and dry off.(Supposedly this worked numerous times for him) Low amd behold, it worked! But I ended up getting a blackberry the next week. But the oven thing totally worked! Crazy I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 05:55 AM
    Oh you're gonna for sure have to slap a hoe and make em pay!!! For real you put your foot down and force em to pay up... that's totally not cool. I hope you did a backup recently.

But don't you worry, it can be replaced and everything will be restored soon enough. But yes try the rice trick. There are even threads about it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spi...se-help-26744/
    lol!!!!! nah its all good, we differently had a great time last night. the real funny thing is... after she pushed me in the pool, I got back out to take my shoes off and jump in again with the curve still on my hip. then it hit me that my phone is gone. That Seidio phone clip really works. my phone didnt go anywhere until i took it off. also I just got off the phone with sprint and they are sending me a replacement.
    07-27-08 09:28 AM
    Words that would make me feel better if I were in your place would be my friends handing me money over as they apologize after I confront them on their responcibility to replace my BB for their lack of concideration that you could have a very expensive electronic device in a pocket before throwing someone in a pool.

07-27-08 02:16 PM
    Words that would make me feel better if I were in your place would be my friends handing me money over as they apologize after I confront them on their responcibility to replace my BB for their lack of concideration that you could have a very expensive electronic device in a pocket before throwing someone in a pool.

Stone, people dont think that far in advance; especially when they are having drinks..... I mean fun! There have been several post throughout the forums in which people were thrown into pools and the person(s) who did it had no idea that they just made a real big boo boo!

farrock is not trippin' though- he's got a new one on the way.
    07-27-08 02:28 PM
    I know how you are feeling. I was crossing a river on a trecking exped in the Hims. Fell in and soaked my phone, ipod, passport and travel permits. I had a serious sense of humour failure!!!! It was 3 weeks until I got a new one when I returned home. No carrier support over there. Keep smiling and look forward to your new one!!!

07-27-08 02:34 PM
    how did you get Sprint to send you a new one? Didn't think they would under those circumstances (at least not a free replacement)
    07-27-08 03:05 PM
    how did you get Sprint to send you a new one? Didn't think they would under those circumstances (at least not a free replacement)
    It wasnt a free replacement. there is a $50 deductible when you file a insurance claim. and that nothing, considering i only paid $100 for the phone in the first place.

To clear things up..... I wasnt thrown in the pool, I was pushed in by the birthday girl who didn't hesitate to give me $100 bill ( she didnt have change) to replace my phone. as I said before it was definitely good fun and would do it again.
    07-27-08 09:45 PM
    Previous post, they did the rice trick and it worked for them.
    07-27-08 10:10 PM
    well, sounds like the phone thing is taken care of and that you had lots of fun at the party.

support: well, go through google and look at other people's blackberry and wish that yours will come sooner than later. wait, that'll probably make you feel a bit worse, right? well then, read other people's problem with their blackberries and say "ha, i'm getting a new one in a couple of days!"
    07-27-08 10:15 PM
    Previous post, they did the rice trick and it worked for them.
    As far as the the rice trick... I dont think that will be happening with my phone. probably because I completely disassembled it. but before I took it apart, I was getting a kick out of putting the battery in it and listening to it sizzle inside.

well, sounds like the phone thing is taken care of and that you had lots of fun at the party.

support: well, go through google and look at other people's blackberry and wish that yours will come sooner than later. wait, that'll probably make you feel a bit worse, right? well then, read other people's problem with their blackberries and say "ha, i'm getting a new one in a couple of days!"
    Sorry but I dont think I titled this thread properly. it was like 4 am and I was a little WAVY.(aka drunk)
    07-27-08 10:29 PM
    Mass quantities of alcohol, water and BB don't mix very well.
    07-27-08 11:24 PM
    My BB is fun when I'm drunk, wake up with tons of new pictures and videos I try not to add water to my adventures tho! Atleast she is helpin ya out with a replacemnt tho.

07-27-08 11:29 PM
    Surprised nobody has asked for pics of the girls at the pool party???
    07-27-08 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD