I am planning on switching to T-Mobile since our contract is up with sprint and I need a new phone (it went through the washer). I really would like to get phones with UMA support and the curve is the nicest phone that currently supports UMA. Through a discount program at the university of minnesota we can get the curves for $99 dollars and then the 50 dollar rebate through T-mobile which is an amazing deal. The problem is my fiancee doesn't like the large form factor of the curve and from what I understand the new 8120 will support uma in the pearl form factor. I told her we could wait another month for the 8210, but Im not sure if we will be able to get the great price that we do on the curve that we can now. Any suggestions on what we should do? I am not sure if we are even going to stick with the blackberry data plans after the rebate goes through. Will I still benefit from having a blackberry? The university has wireless everywhere and the fact that the curve has wi-fi with a nice size screen seems like a no brainer. Can other applications access wireless internet other then the web browser? Maybe I can convince her to get one of the other uma phones or just get a curve!

I apologize for the random questions. In essense, I'd just like to know if it's worth waiting for the 8120.

Matt
    03-18-08 08:22 AM
    I Love The Curve. I Really Dont Think It Is Large At All. The Weight Is Not Much Different Than The Pearl And The Curve Has A Larger Screen And The Keyboard Which Is Really Nice. I Think You And Your Fiance Will Love The Curve If You Use It For A Week.
    03-18-08 08:27 AM
    The Curve is really not much bigger than the Pearl. In fact, I was quite surprised when I first actually held it because it's so small. Incidentally enough, it seems like the longer I have it, the smaller it gets as well.

The Curve is a superior device in every way, hands down. And with a deal like that you can't go wrong. Why not take her down to the T-Mobile store so you can both check it out in person? You may be suprised.
    03-18-08 08:56 AM
    Is the phone for you or your girlfriend? If you prefer the Curve, you should get it!!! If she wants a Pearl, get her a Pearl. They don't have to be the same phone do they? As for the size, the Curve is not that much larger than the Pearl.
    03-18-08 09:18 AM
    I moved from the pearl to the Curve and Love it. Its not that big. its perfect for me. I love the pearl to but as soon as i saw my friends curve i had to get one. Get the curve!
    03-18-08 09:20 AM
    Dumo your fiance' and get a curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 10:20 AM
    Dump your fiance' and get a curve.

03-18-08 10:21 AM
    i agree the curve is getting smaller in my hand as time goes by, the curve is definately more a dainty and feminine phone, the 8110 being the ladies choice round these parts, i recomment the curve though, if only they'd release it with 3G or HSDPA.
    03-22-08 11:29 AM
    Dump your fiance' and get a curve.

My thoughts exactly!! Not just about the phone but if she is so controling that she tells you what phone you can have there will be problems down the road!!
    03-22-08 11:33 AM
    yeah trust me you will be much happier with the curve, i had the pearl first and its amazing how the keyboard, wifi, and 2.0mp camera really work together to make a much better phone.
    my pearl was too small to fit comfortably while i talked on it so i bought rubber and hard rubber cases to put on it, but the curve i keep naked
    if you put a skin or case on it, it is too big imo
    03-22-08 01:19 PM
    My wife and love the Curve, my daughter has the Pearl but I like the Curve so much better. I don't think it is that large. We came from the TMO MDA.
    03-22-08 02:05 PM
    *pants* Sorry I'm late *pants*

Keeping in mind that the Curve is smaller than the 8800 series take a look at the size difference in an 88 and a Pearl...
    Image 1
    Image 2
    I didn't post the pictures as they're pretty big and not WAPforums friendly.
    03-22-08 03:02 PM
    The curve is only about a pencils width wider then a pearl...make her hold a curve and see how it feels first, she may just like it.
    03-22-08 03:06 PM
    The curve is only about a pencils width wider then a pearl...make her hold a curve and see how it feels first, she may just like it.
    That statement, I'm sorry, I read it wrong.... Lol.

Like Bla1ze said, have her hold the 'Curve' in person and she may not think it's too big. If she already has, then I would say to switch now and since you will be within 30 days, you can switch her Curve for a Pearl. Must keep the phone in good shape and the Pearl may be more $$$ and would have to pay the difference.
    03-22-08 03:16 PM
    I faced the same choice for my first BB and went for the Curve and am SO glad I did. It really isn't that large when you carry it around and the qwerty keyboard plus the WiFi is amazing...

Also, I asked my local T Mobile store to price match BestBuy, which was selling the Curve for $49.99 with a service contract. T Mobile did not hesitate to price match.
    03-22-08 06:07 PM
    The curve is the superior device in my opinion I have a pearl now while I wait for the curve to come to verizon. For size and features I think the curve is the best.
    03-22-08 06:46 PM
    I switched from the Pearl to the Curve and haven't looked back. I too was worried about the size difference but soon found out that it is really nothing and the Curve is a much better phone.
    03-22-08 09:29 PM
    Yes if definately wants a Pearl it is best to wait for 8120.
    03-22-08 09:36 PM
    I have had 5 or 6 different Blackberries and I cannot say anything bad about the Curve. The keyboard is so easy to use, and it is a very light phone considering its size, you will not be wrong if you go with the Curve
    03-22-08 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD