allright, i've got my berry from eBay and it really didn't come with anything (CD Software) when i got it. at first i thought i won't be needing that and start using my berry as a USB Mass Storage for syncing file. but lately, like when i want to install BBMap, it turn out that i need that DM. i went to BB page and try to download it, but the size of the file, goodness, that's too big for my poor ol' PC i let it DL for 2 hours+ last time and still 32% complete! questions are: is there anyway i can dl a smaller size DM or do i need to call berry's reps and ask for one? this also applied to my other problem, which is trying to upgrade my 4.2OS to 4.5OS so i can have the video recorder, but the file size again, it's way too big and too slow for my comp. anyway around this....
    NEED HELP, GUYS!! thanks
    12-18-08 03:24 PM
    You can download the Desktop Manager without the Roxio Media Manager and it will be quite a bit smaller.

Before doing that tho I would go to your local berry store and see if you can beg, borrow or otherwise get a CD from them to use. I'm sure they have a few laying around if they sell Blackberries.
    12-18-08 03:34 PM
    Yeah, AT&T might have several laying around too. They're a dime a dozen seeing as how they come in every BB box. If that doesn't work, PM me as I could burn and send you a copy of mine, or heck I might even have an extra one laying around you could have. But it's not 4.5.0.0110...it'd be the 4.2 version.
    12-18-08 03:36 PM
    i'll try to go to my local AT&T store later and see if they have the CD. i was thinking about doing that at first place but then again, i hold back because i'm not sure if they'll give me the CD since i'm not getting the berry direct from AT&T stores. and if that don't work, pretty sure will pm and need some more help thank you guys. ya'll the best!!
    12-18-08 03:44 PM
    Since your service is with AT&T, I'm sure they wouldn't care where you got the phone. Just smile and be really nice, and you'll probably get what you want. If not, just shoot me a pm...
    12-18-08 04:03 PM
    Did you try checking to see if ebay sells the manual package?. I remember that once i saw it for like 2 dollars or something.
    12-18-08 04:42 PM
    i'll try to go to my local AT&T store later and see if they have the CD. i was thinking about doing that at first place but then again, i hold back because i'm not sure if they'll give me the CD since i'm not getting the berry direct from AT&T stores. and if that don't work, pretty sure will pm and need some more help thank you guys. ya'll the best!!
    Can you call ahead to your local store to see if they have them avail, that way if they dont, it wont be a nasty snowy rush hour-y wasted trip.
    12-18-08 04:44 PM
    If you can't find a copy, I'll mail you mine
    12-18-08 05:28 PM
    well, okay...this is suck...
    i went today (since yesterday was raining like it never rain before), but i called first like rachel suggested me to, and whoever the rep that picked up the phone said that they have the DM CD software. i went up there, knowing nothing else will happen, turn out that i have to bring a laptop in order for them to transfer/copy the software from their comp to the laptop. well, ****, i don't have a laptop, i have a desktop PC. that's suck...so i'm still not having luck for that!! so, i'm pretty sure, i'll pm one of you and ask for a favor before the end of the day...thanks again guys!
    12-19-08 11:50 AM
    fire away!
    12-19-08 12:01 PM
    well, okay...this is suck...
    i went today (since yesterday was raining like it never rain before), but i called first like rachel suggested me to, and whoever the rep that picked up the phone said that they have the DM CD software. i went up there, knowing nothing else will happen, turn out that i have to bring a laptop in order for them to transfer/copy the software from their comp to the laptop. well, ****, i don't have a laptop, i have a desktop PC. that's suck...so i'm still not having luck for that!! so, i'm pretty sure, i'll pm one of you and ask for a favor before the end of the day...thanks again guys!
    you can get DM (latest & old versions) here :-

BlackBerry - Software | Services, Desktop Applications, Enterprise Server, Downloads & Games

or look @ BlackBerry for more help, better to download yourself online.
    best wishes
    12-19-08 12:02 PM
    aswani, the op said she couldn't download it because of a slow internet connection.
    12-19-08 12:05 PM
    aswani, the op said she couldn't download it because of a slow internet connection.
    YUP, Thanks anyway, Aswani!
    12-19-08 12:26 PM
    i didn't read that. anyway she can go to a cyber caffe to downlaod that.
    12-19-08 12:31 PM
    i didn't read that. anyway she can go to a cyber caffe to downlaod that.
    I wish we have that around here
    12-19-08 12:35 PM
    Luvmy, could you download a copy of the 4.5 OS to a cd for the OP and send that too? She'll run into the same problem when she wants to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD