Hello everyone,

I am new to crackberry and just needed some opinions from current blackberry Curve owners.

I wanted to get a Blackberry Storm but I do not like Verizon so I will not be buying one until/if it comes out for T-mobile.

I am thinking of signing a 1 year contract to get a T-Mobile Blackberry Curve.

Is the blackberry curve a good phone to get?

Do you think that it is the type of phone that you can get bored of in less than 1 year?

I have never owned a blackberry device.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    11-04-08 09:12 PM
    It is an awesome device. Have not gotten bored yet.
    11-04-08 09:14 PM
    It is an awesome device. Have not gotten bored yet.
    How long did you have it?
    11-04-08 09:18 PM
    Great device to start off with. Then when you need more features; you can consider an upgrade to a device like a storm or bold. Bold all the way for me. I'm satisfied with this machine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 09:19 PM
    I love the curve, I can actually hit the keyboard with my nails and not 15 extra keys at the same time. It is great for a beginner and actually easy to use. And what you can't figure out, well that's why Im on Crackberry!!! lol Im figuring it all out too!
    11-04-08 09:26 PM
    The curve is a great phone. But before you pick any BlackBerry, research all the devices you have to choose from and the new devices that are being released in the (hopefully) near future as well. And also, welcome to CB!

11-04-08 09:28 PM
    I *love* the Curve, had it approx 6 months, and think it is the best phone I've ever had! I have the 8330, and it really is a great phone, with lots of features. You can't go wrong with this one. BTW, welcome to CB.
    11-04-08 09:29 PM
    The curve is a great phone. But before you pick any BlackBerry, research all the devices you have to choose from and the new devices that are being released in the (hopefully) near future as well. And also, welcome to CB!

Besides the Bold and Storm, what is the best blackberry phone out there?
    11-04-08 09:31 PM
    I've had my Curve for 5 days and I'm loving it. I come to the BB from many years of being a Windows Mobile user and for the most part I am finding the BB experience to be far superior. The only letdown so far is that BB doesn't have the wide variety of programs that WinMo has, but I have found some replacements and can learn to live without the rest. Overall though, I am really enjoying my Curve.

Last edited by crimsonsky; 11-04-08 at 09:45 PM.
    11-04-08 09:32 PM
    Get the curve. GET THE CURVE! I use the phone the least. Modem, camera, PIM, web browsing weather forecast. You name it's got it.
    11-04-08 09:33 PM
    I have had my curve now for several months and I love it
    11-04-08 09:34 PM
    Well the BlackBerry curve 8900 is comming out soon to T-mobile (I think) so you might want to look into that one. That is the phone I'm personally looking forward to.

11-04-08 09:38 PM
    To add to my last post, you could also look into the existing 8800 and pearl series.

11-04-08 09:41 PM
    To add to my last post, you could also look into the existing 8800 and pearl series.

I dont like the Pearl blackberry's..

Thanks for the opinions guys, keep em coming!

AND thanks for the welcome!
    11-04-08 09:43 PM
    I have had the Curve now for 4 months while awaiting the Bold. The Curve is a great phone, so good that I didn't mind waiting to get the Bold. As a matter of fact, I got the Bold last night and am still using my Curve while the BSE dries.

11-04-08 09:50 PM
    I Don't blame you there. I don't know how people get by without a full keyboard BlackBerry. I guess its just a personal preference.

11-04-08 09:51 PM
    I have had the Curve now for 4 months while awaiting the Bold. The Curve is a great phone, so good that I didn't mind waiting to get the Bold. As a matter of fact, I got the Bold last night and am still using my Curve while the BSE dries.

Whats "BSE"?
    11-04-08 09:52 PM
    ^ it stands for best skins ever. Its basically a full body screen protector for your BlackBerry.

11-04-08 09:54 PM
    Just got my 8310 about 3 months ago from AT&T, my 1st ever BB... I'm addicted to it... Even had some of my friends switch from a HTC 6800 & 6900 to the Curve also. You can't go wrong with a Curve! I thought about the 8830 and the 8130 but no dice... unless you're looking to get the Bold or the Storm the Curve is definitely a sure bet, hands down! I honestly only get on my PC when I have to place my Curve on the charger, other than that it has it all, the keyboard is fat finger friendly... LOL and with CB being here... any "monkeywrenches" or "speed bumps" you might run into you can more than likely find in a thread, and if not... just post it. I also send a warm welcome from the CB community!!!
    Last edited by Busta-B; 11-04-08 at 09:58 PM.
    11-04-08 09:55 PM
    ^ it stands for best skins ever. Its basically a full body screen protector for your BlackBerry.

Where can I buy these BSE's? I never heard of them.
    11-04-08 09:56 PM
    i love my curve, i've had it for about a month and don't have one single complaint. it took me about a day to get use to the keyboard, as i was coming from a razr phone haha as of right now i'm still learning how to do certain things on the curve but i am loving it
    11-04-08 09:57 PM
    Just got my 8310 about 3 months ago from AT&T, my 1st ever BB... I'm addicted to it... I thought about the 8830 and the 8130 but no dice... unless you're looking to get the Bold or the Storm the Curve is definitely a sure bet, hands down! I honestly only get on my PC when I have to place my Curve on the charger, other than that it has it all, the keyboard is fat finger friendly... LOL and with CB being here... any "monkeywrenches" or "speed bumps" you might run into you can more than likely find in a thread, and if not... just post it. I also send a warm welcome to the CB community!!!
    Wow, thanks for the comment. I am definitely getting one ASAP.
    11-04-08 09:57 PM
    I've never bought one, but I'm pretty sure you can find them in the cb store.

11-04-08 09:58 PM
    It's great!

11-04-08 10:10 PM
    I bought my curve almost a month ago, and I'm on it all the time But then it doesn't really matter what I have, as long is it can text and IM, I wont be getting bored of it... No problems so far. Apps work perfectly, new OS installed quick and easy, just gets hard to type on the computer :P I keep hitting the spacebar twice thinking it will put a period :P
    11-05-08 12:57 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD