Bought a Curve 8310 with new 2yr contract at AT&T about 90 days ago.

2 days ago, my curve took a swim. Have read about how to recover from water damage and have been unsuccessful in reviving it. Contemplating purchasing a new one, but ATT will only sell me BB at full price (around $300) since I am not doing a new ATT contract.

Wondered if anyone has experience with getting AT&T to sell at introductory price or any suggestions on getting BB at lower price. Have seen some around $250 on Ebay but was afraid those may not work with my ATT account.

Thanks for your advice.
    08-02-08 05:58 PM
    always check out ebay and find an unlocked curve for a good deal, you can find good used ones online if you don't mind used phones.
    08-02-08 06:01 PM
    First and foremost be very careful about purchasing from ebay. Stick with a device that is made for at&t, also try Craigs list local pickup and not so scandelous of people.

As an employee for at&t the only way is to either add a line which comes with a two year agreement and equals out to 240 over the time. But there is value in the line if you know of a friend or family member you can share minutes with and split the bill. Other than that you are SOL when it comes to getting a discounted BB. Sorry man.
    08-02-08 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD