Ok guys, please help. I am trying to downgrade from 4.5.0.66 to the official 4.5 for my 8310, and the first time I did that, it said error reading device or something like that.

Now when I try to load apploader, it shows the USB Pin unknown screen, I hit next, and it usually takes me to the fatal error while on the updating your device screen.

I don't know what to do- I tried using JL Cmder, but it won't wipe the device. It just stays in the black screen that comes up after typing in blackberry. What do I do? I'm so nervous right now.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

Edit: Now I'm able to see 2.7.0.68 on my bb, but can't load anything

Forget it guys, the freaking thing won't even establish a USB connection now, I give up.
    Last edited by hassan.; 08-30-08 at 02:37 PM.
    08-30-08 01:58 PM
    08-30-08 03:25 PM
    Also try shutting down and rebooting your computer. The USB drivers sometime get jumbled and won't recognize the BB.
    08-30-08 04:37 PM
    Also try shutting down and rebooting your computer. The USB drivers sometime get jumbled and won't recognize the BB.
    yup, the exact same thing happened to me just now! im reloading the official os right now, in fact. pj above helped me loads. i couldnt connect to the computer, and i tried everything. EVERYTHING trust me. everything on crackberry, and nothing worked. i tried pj's advice, and it properly connected. just restart your computer and tell us how it goes.
    08-30-08 06:05 PM
    what i would do at this point:
    1. turn off computer
    2. turn off blackberry
    3. plug in blackberry (all power completely off)
    4. turn on computer
    5. computer should recognize the device, or the device should show up (not in dm)
    6. use JL Cmder to wipe it
    7. reload os

i waz pretty unclear about what u meant, but, i hope this helps, cuz something similar happened to me... it said 507 error, and i kept plugging it in, but nothing happened, so then i tried the above, and it worked...
    but if its nuked, then follow the other link, my computer didnt recognize the device at all...
    well good luck
    08-30-08 07:23 PM
    A '507' Error isn't really a bad thing. Make sure you have .66 deleted off of the computer. As someone else said rebooting. As far as JL_Cmder after you type blackberry hit the enter key. It also may take a few tries before it connects, and it happens very rapidly. When it works you will have the '507' error. Post back if you still need help and we'll get this figured out.
    08-30-08 07:36 PM
    Ok guys, I'm gonna restart my computer and try again. .66 is gone, blackberry desktop 4.5 is installed, I'll edit back with results after I try JL_Cmder again.
    08-30-08 11:59 PM
    OK, I followed azeis' directions on restoring a nuked OS; I do see blinking red lights, but no spinning hourglass. As soon as I see Pin: Unknown, I click next, but I get an error: Your device software could not be restored. Gonna keep trying.

Update: After pulling the battery and trying to connect, I get half way through the Erasing Applications in the App loader, but then the red light blinks on the phone and I get an error updating the software.
    Last edited by hassan.; 08-31-08 at 01:42 AM.
    08-31-08 12:54 AM
    Alright, the software loading was successful, but now the spinning hourglass won't go away.. hmm

Edit: It finally works! I can finally go to bed. Thanks so much for your help guys!

Turns out the USB cord I was using was defective and kept losing connection
    Last edited by hassan.; 08-31-08 at 04:53 AM.
    08-31-08 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD