I am eagerly waiting for my 8310 to come in the mail and have started looking for a case and holster for it. My biggest concern for the holster is for it to be as low profile as possible as most holsters I have used in the past stick out too far from my side. Does anyone have recommendation on one for me? Thanks
    06-07-08 10:27 PM
    Go to a T-Mobile store and check out the Speck clear case.
    It does not increase the size of the 8310, and provides protection
    for all but the keyboard. At the store it's $10, on Specks website $25
    06-07-08 10:34 PM
    What ever you get, make sure it has a magnet to put it in the standby mode. I suggest getting one that does not have a swivel clip, as those make the holster stick out farther. I have several, including the OEM's, but my favorite, and the one that I forget I have on is a Monaco. Kind of pricey, but built to last and high quality. The CB store has a good selection, but doesn't carry this one:

BlackBerry Curve Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case
    06-07-08 10:42 PM
    Currently I'm using the one below. A bit expensive (for both case & holster) but it does serve its purpose. Here's the link in case you're interested.

06-07-08 10:45 PM
    I'm using the Seidio rubberized case abd holster. The case is very nice and offers great protection. The holster is also very nice and also low profile. Do a search for my in-depth review of these two products, it's in this forum (sorry don't have the link handy).

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 12:25 AM
    I'm using the Seidio rubberized case abd holster. The case is very nice and offers great protection. The holster is also very nice and also low profile. Do a search for my in-depth review of these two products, it's in this forum (sorry don't have the link handy).

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I looked at the spek and I did not really like it, and after reading reviews of the Seidio and really the one that Marine39 posted I purchased both the rubberized case and holster.

Ya it was a bit expensive but worth every penny. Who ever did the die casting for this phone is damn good. I am a big guy and I can sit in my car with the holster on my hip and yet it will not snag on my seat belt or hit the stearing wheel when climbing in or out of the car.

Daedalus
    06-08-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD