This issue is particularly frustrating because I don't usually have any problems following reasonable directions...
    I recently purchased an unblocked BB Curve, to replace my older Pearl
    8100, from ebay (search for cellphonegroup). When I received the phone I placed the Pearl sim card into the curve, called my carrier (AT&T) and got my phone service running. When it came time to change devices for email service, I was constantly getting a window pop-up advsing me either the PIN or IMEI was incorrect. They weren't. I contacted AT&T and, after spending approx. one hour with the BB rep. who could not resolve the problem, it was decided I should try a new sim card (will receive it tomorrow).
    Now, the question: is it possible that the above problem could be responsible for the Curve device software to not upgrade? I have tried both AT&T and generic versions of the 4.5 OS numerous times to no avail. I made sure I had the updated desktop software (4.6). I thought I might be able to force the update if I could explore where it was installed, but cannot find it.
    I have 7 days to return the phone if it is faulty. BTW - I have confirmed via Advanced Options - SIM Card - MEPD method that the device is unblocked. Oh yeah...when I boot the phone up, I get a T-Mobile splash screen. I have tried to update the device software via the T-Mobile site, also to no avail.
    Sorry for such a long post, but I really don't know what's relevant to my problem.
    Thank you for your time.
    John, [email protected]
    03-26-09 12:49 PM
    So it's a T-Mobile branded phone being used on at&t? Give me a few minutes. I need to find the link. I've did this for my roommate.
    03-26-09 02:39 PM
    It's pretty much the same steps as these. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

Just replace Storm for at&t BlackBerry.
    03-26-09 02:49 PM
    Thank you (And EVERYONE who contributed to that process!) so much for taking the time to help. I followed the instructions to the "T" to no avail. I still cannot upgrade to the AT&T v4.5 OS.

I am hopeful the new AT&T SIM card will do the trick tomorrow. If not, I'll return the phone and try a different approach.

Thank you.
    John
    03-26-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD