Hi, i am new to blackberry and new to this board. I know the question might be very stupid to some people, but I hope someone can help me with it.

I didnt get a data plan yet but will definately get it around next week, now i am connecting to my WI-FI, when i turn off the data service in mobile network connection option, the wifi will became useless and i can browse any site anymore. will i be charged if i turn the data service on since i didnt get the data plan yet

I read something about the uma, but sorry if i keep asking the same question cause i didnt find a clear answer for my question. since i connect my bb to wifi, and the uma appear on the upper right corner, is that means now i make call through wifi and will not use my plan minute? I didnt have the t-mobile reuter or sign up for any plan

My service carrier is T-mobile, will t-mobile data plan include unlimit msg? will i be charge if i use instant message even with the data plan?

i cant set up the email from bb setup wizard, i did set up a gmail in t-mobile website but i dont know how it gonna work, and i dont know how to link my school e-mail with bb, is anyone can help me with that?

I know some of my questions had been answered on some other thread already, i did try my best to search on them but they are either too complicated that i cant understand (a totally bb newbie) or i just cant find them. Hope some expert can help me with those, thank you very much
    09-28-08 12:39 AM
    Just about everything you need to know about Wi-FI courtesy
    of CB member bmcclure937
    09-28-08 12:52 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The link AG posted will be a big help, but is is optimized for use with a data plan.

Without a data plan, you will only be able to use Browser. None of the BlackBerry email or message features work without a plan. That includes G-Mail and nearly all third party applications.

Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) is a feature built into your device. When it is active, you are using the Internet for voice calls. Calls will still be charged to your plan bucket.

After you have activated your plan, everything will use use UMA for transport, but unless you subscribe the the Hotspot service, there will be no unlimited calling.
    09-28-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD