I put a new 8GB microSD into my 8310. The BB sees it, but my PC can't see it. It only sees the BB itself. Yes I formatted the microSD from the BB. yes I enable mass storage when connected to PC. however the PC still only sees the BB itself and not my 8GB microSD.

I do NOT have the BB software installed (prefer not to), do I need to just for the PC to see the microSD card? I want to transfer MP3s over, help.
    02-27-09 06:14 PM
    Installing DM to your computer also loads the necessary USB drivers needed. Download DM 4.6
    02-27-09 06:18 PM
    I prefer 4.6 without media. That Roxio cause me some grief.

Good luck and let us know what happens

Welcome Redterror and let your addiction begin
    Last edited by Netman2008; 02-27-09 at 06:25 PM.
    02-27-09 06:23 PM
    Not sure about 8310 I have 8330 but I'm understanding all bb's are the same navigation.. If so... Goto options/media card and select enable mass media storage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 06:45 PM
    I installed DM 4.6. I can access the microSD card there but still NOT from windows explorer. is it supposed to be accessible thru win explorer?
    02-27-09 10:34 PM
    When I load onto my card I don't use DM I just click on the window that pops up and I select what letter I plugged my usb into. Then I drag and drop.

I don't know the lingo, just trying to help!

02-27-09 11:04 PM
    I installed DM 4.6. I can access the microSD card there but still NOT from windows explorer. is it supposed to be accessible thru win explorer?
    Yes, your BB should appear as a removable drive. You should see a Blackberry folder on this drive.

02-27-09 11:10 PM
    Because of a security flaw in Windows about a month ago, Microsoft issued a security update this week to prevent removable disks to open automatically when inserted. Therefore you may have to go to My Computer and manually select the drive and open it.

Because of the vulnerability, I had turned off the capability myself back when it was in Tech News.

I hope that helps,

~Jazzi~

02-27-09 11:38 PM
    I see what I did wrong. I assumed the drive I saw was just the BB. It is actually the microSD card! I looked into the MP3 & confirmed it, all the MP3s I just copied were in there.

soooooooooo.... the actual BB itself doesn't appear in explorer?
    02-28-09 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD