I have a couple of questions/problems that I'm hoping to get some help with.

I have been using Palm treos for the past 8 years. My company gave me a Blackberry Curve 8310 and I have mostly switched over to the BB completely, but a couple of things are slowing me down.

I am trying to transfer my contacts and calendar items from Treo650 to the BB. I cannot install the Palm software onto my work computer because it is a 64bit machine. I cannot install the BB desktop software on my home computer, because it is missing something the desktop software requires, I am running XP Home edition. So, I need some suggestions to copy the data across.

My second issue/question is that on the Treo I have a couple of 3rd party apps that I would like to find replacements for. The first one is KoolSounds. It allows for alarms for calendar events, etc to randomly play from my WAV folder. Makes getting a reminder for the dentist almost fun.
    The other program is HappyDays, which allows you to enter people's birthdays on their contact page and it populates the calendar with reminders, etc.

Can anyone help me find replacements for these programs?

TIA
    Darlene
    06-29-08 02:10 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You need Desktop Manager on your PC. It usually runs fine on XP. Try this version. There is a Switch Device Wizard that is designed just for what you wish to do.

Desktop Manager download
    450_b016_english_nomediamanager.exe installed. Run the program and connect your phone.

As to the app, I am sorry but I have no idea but someone here will be along who knows what you are after.
    06-29-08 02:40 PM
    I had no luck using the device switch wizard switching from the palm desktop to the BB. I eventually got a third party application called CompanionLink that will let you sync your blackberry with the Palm Desktop. I want to keep some of the 3rd party apps on my Palm TX too. I can't fathom how there is no Quicken Module for the BB like Pocket Quicken for the Palm. I also wanted to keep the TX as a backup in case something happens to my phone.
    01-20-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD