Is it true that you need a memory card to transfer music onto your BB? If yes, what is the best memory card to buy (amount of memory).

I just bought the BB Curve yesterday and was so excited to transfer music files as soon as I got home, but road blocks kept coming up one after the other. I am a mac user and had no problem transfering my stickynotes from the mac to the BB using the Pocketmac, but music files is another issue.

In need of extreme help.

Thanks
    02-25-08 10:37 AM
    The easiest way I have found is to purchase a media card and transfer the mp3's onto the media card. It saves space/memory on your BB and all your mp3s are in the same location on the card.
    02-25-08 10:55 AM
    4 Gig is the most the curve will see until the updated 4.3 os comes out, some time soon I hope. When it come to memory I always buy the cheapest name brand.
    02-25-08 11:15 AM
    This isn't going to be easy since you are a mac user. The largest microsd card that you can get for a Curve is 4gb. The BB's device memory is only 64mb. You should ideally keep an eye on what you put on the device memory since it is not very big. Hence your problems adding mp3s to it. I believe you can only upload/download a file around 2mb to the device memory. You can go to Options Stats, and check your File Free to keep an eye on how much device memory is free.
    02-25-08 11:15 AM
    It's not so hard using a MAC. When you connect your BB via the USB cable you can use it as a external drive and copy the files you want onto it.
    02-25-08 12:57 PM
    After battling this ordeal for three hours it finally dawned on me how to go about uploading Mp3 files from a G5 mac to the crackberry. Agony and many tears later it is actually really simple. Since it is NOT in the "User's guide", and I don't want anyone else to go through the same ordeal, I will explain this step by step.

First make sure that your mac is recognizing the device. That kinda helps.
    Make sure that both your computer and your device are "discoverable", or just plain turned on in layman's terms. Here's the part that threw me for a loop and a half.

1. Go to your applications folder and click on MEDIA.
    2. Scroll over to the Ring Tones icon and hit select.
    3. Right click (Blackberry button)
    4. Scroll dow to "Receive using Bluetooth".
    5. A screen should pop up and state FILE TRANSFER.
    6. Go to the Bluetooth icon in the upper right hand corner on the screen and click send file.
    7. Select file will prompt you to choose a file for transfer. Hit send and Wa-La!
    8. Hit accept and there you go! Music files transfered.

THe only thing I would suggest, in which is what I am going to do tomorrow, is obtain a micro SD card. Holds more songs so I can get my groove on at the gym.
    02-28-08 12:51 AM
    Your device does not need to be set to discoverable if you are just connecting it via USB cable. USB cable is probably the easiest way to do it.
    02-28-08 12:54 AM

First make sure that your mac is recognizing the device. That kinda helps.
    Make sure that both your computer and your device are "discoverable", or just plain turned on in layman's terms. Here's the part that threw me for a loop and a half.

1. Go to your applications folder and click on MEDIA.
    2. Scroll over to the Ring Tones icon and hit select.
    3. Right click (Blackberry button)
    4. Scroll dow to "Receive using Bluetooth".
    5. A screen should pop up and state FILE TRANSFER.
    6. Go to the Bluetooth icon in the upper right hand corner on the screen and click send file.
    7. Select file will prompt you to choose a file for transfer. Hit send and Wa-La!
    8. Hit accept and there you go! Music files transfered.
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! this really helped me!!! i couldn't figure it out for the longest time... thank you!!
    02-29-08 11:51 AM
    The best way I found was to use a card reader, plug it into one of the usb ports...and bobs your uncle!

bluetooth was another option but if your transferring loads of songs you'll be there all day!
    06-02-08 04:20 PM
    I would have never have figured this out since I'm used to the PC way of doing things. Thanks for the info.
    11-29-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD