Hi,
    I need help tethering my blackberry curve 8330 (alltel) with my macbook for use as modem. I have followed all instructions that i have found online; however, it is still not working...kinda frustrating.

I have set it up to tether via bluetooth. I wonder if there are specific adjustments that need to be made in the advance network settings?

If you can help me, i certainly would appreciate it!
    Peace,
    Tommy
    06-27-08 10:09 AM
    Ok it might sound like a dumb question but have you gone to software.alltel.com to download axcess mobile? PIN me iand i'll see if I can help at all.
    Last edited by ginya-san; 06-27-08 at 10:25 AM.
    06-27-08 10:13 AM
    Ok it might sound like a dumb question but have you gone to software.alltel.com to download axcess mobile? PIN me iand i'll see if I can help at all.
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your response. There actually is no tethering software available via alltel for bberry curve 8330. I think the only way to do it is via bluetooth...but the problem seems to be that bberry uses native microsoft bluetooth drivers. I am trying to use my curve as my high speed modem with a macbook.
    Any suggestions?
    06-27-08 11:42 AM
    Hi friends,
    I figured out how to tether the curve 8330 (alltel) with mac os 10.5 leopard. It wasn't bad after i fooled with it a while. Let me know if you also need help.
    06-27-08 01:03 PM
    A couple of pointers would be nice. I am just trying to do Bluetooth file transfer, but get "The device does not have the necessary services" every time I try.

MacBook Air, 10.5.2; Alltel 8830.
    06-30-08 10:52 AM
    I am having the same problem. I am trying to send an mp3 file from my macbook air to my curve but get the same message that my device does not have necessary services. Did anyone figure out how to do this?
    07-03-08 02:34 AM
    Before you initiate the file transfer on the macbook, go into the "media" app on your BB, go to music, then hit the menu key and select "receive using bluetooth". After that initiate the file transfer from the macbook, and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 04:19 AM
    I need your help please. I have partnered my laptop and phone, but my Mac will not connect. Please
    08-12-08 07:41 PM
    jlyanez,
    Are you using the correct modem script? You need to use a CDMA approved modem script. Do a search for the "PCS Intel EV-DO 1.0" Mac modem script and install the script into you "modem scripts" folder. Then you need to set the computer to dial "#777" for the phone number and if you are with Alltel use "Alltel" for the username and "alltel" for the pass word. Hope this helps.
    08-25-08 06:50 PM
    I am an authorized agent for Alltel. Alltel does not actually support tethering with a Mac via bluetooth but it is supported through Blackberry so it will work. Here are the steps you should take.

As you have heard make sure that both your Mac and Curve are set to "Discoverable."

On your Mac:
    Open your bluetooth preferences (go under system preferences or it might be on your menu on the top right of the screen.)
    ~Click on Setup Bluetooth Device. You well get a welcome screen, just hit Next.
    ~On this screen your computer will search any bluetooth devices in the area. when you see your phone as an option make sure it is selected and hit Continue.
    ~Your Mac is now going to look for information about your phone. This should only take a few moments, as soon as its finished hit Continue again. Make to check the "Check access internet with phone." and Continue.

~Select Phone Vender as: Other
    Select Phone Model as: Verizon (5220)
    Your Username will be: yourphone#@alltel.net
    Your Password will be: alltel (all lowercase)
    For Phonenumber put: #777
    Then Finish

Make Sure AirPort is tuned off then click the modem (phone icon) and select Connect Bluetooth.
    Last edited by tonyfoto08; 09-11-08 at 05:49 PM.
    09-11-08 03:17 PM
    I have followed instructions. The macbook is able to establish a bluetooth connection to the curve, but errors out with the following message when trying to connect :

No carrier dected. Please check phone line and try again.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

CK
    02-28-09 08:54 PM
    Isn't this not allowed? I mean, wouldn't Alltel just tell you not to do this and/or charge you?
    04-06-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD