Is it worth purchasing an bbcurve through verizon now or is there a better model coming out soon worth holding out for? I am trying to part ways with my lg voyager. Thanks in advance for any and all oppinions.
    08-20-08 01:06 PM
    well there are a few new models that will be coming out, the thunder ive heard will be specific to verizon. Do some research, the thunder is similar to the iphone, but much better
    08-20-08 01:08 PM
    If you get the curve I don't think you will be unhappy. I can't say when if ever, they are going to release a new device some of us have been waiting and waiting for something new.
    Yes, it is worth it. No one knows when the Thunder will arrive. Curve owners are extremely happy.
    thanks for the replys. isnt the thunder going to be completely toch like the i-phone? i wonder how that is going to be vs. having a keyboard to type on.
    08-20-08 01:42 PM
    Exactly, if you don't lke touch then I wouldn't worry about any proposed touchscreen. The 8330 is a very nice device, and is well worth the money. As 49 said, there are plenty of happy VZW Curve users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 01:48 PM
    my opinion:

get the curve now. the price has dropped a few times and it's a great price and a great phone!

by the time you are eligible for the thunder (or bold if vzw stocks it) then those devices will be discounted as well!

i was going to wait for a newer bb as well but i wanted to get familiar with the blackberry and got a good price on my curve.

go for it!
    08-20-08 01:52 PM
    08-20-08 01:52 PM
    Get the curve you won't regret it! F.Y.I I called Verizon customer care today there is a new Voyager in their system but don't know when it's coming out.
    08-20-08 02:16 PM
    There will ALWAYS be a better phone on the horizon with an unknown ETA , that will NEVER change.

Get the Curve , you can thank us later
    08-20-08 02:35 PM
    There will ALWAYS be a better phone on the horizon with an unknown ETA , that will NEVER change.

Get the Curve , you can thank us later

ugh..... i know
    08-20-08 02:38 PM
    for $99 from verizon i just may get it.
    08-20-08 02:55 PM
    everyone else is doing it.
    08-20-08 02:59 PM
    And also I don't know if the OP (what does OP actually stand for anyway lol?) is a man or woman but there is also a pink curve out now!

08-20-08 03:15 PM
    And also I don't know if the OP (what does OP actually stand for anyway lol?) is a man or woman but there is also a pink curve out now!

i thought OP meant Original Post or Poster. i may be wrong. OP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think the OP should get a pink curve, male or female!
    08-20-08 03:16 PM
    op is male and no pink curve for me...lol
    08-20-08 03:39 PM
    op is male and no pink curve for me...lol
    so you do admit you are getting the silver curve! ah ha!

congrats!
    08-20-08 03:42 PM
    thanks. just got permission from the wifey to get it really soon. Just have to make sure verizon will let me flip flop my phones around so I can get it. 1 concern i have is that the features on the bb from verizon are watered down compared to other carriers. is this true and how so?
    08-20-08 03:50 PM
    Pink curves are good for men too. And the Curve is a high rated phone so that is why I got it

08-20-08 03:51 PM
    thanks. just got permission from the wifey to get it really soon. Just have to make sure verizon will let me flip flop my phones around so I can get it. 1 concern i have is that the features on the bb from verizon are watered down compared to other carriers. is this true and how so?
    yay! good move! you can do an esn change after the line is upgraded if need be.

the only feature that is "locked" is the internal gps. you have to subscribe to vz nav for 9.99 a month to get turn by turn directions. but vz nav is a great service in my opinion!
    08-20-08 03:58 PM
    nav is awesome. i have it on my voyager. the only thing i will miss is my mobile tv.
    08-20-08 04:19 PM
    nav is awesome. i have it on my voyager. the only thing i will miss is my mobile tv.
    just be aware that the vz nav on the blackberry is the old version. the new one, 4.0, has only launched on v-cast phones so far.

hopefully vzw will send out an updated vz nav soon!
    08-20-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD