Hello to all you pro's:

I have had my curve for three days. Switched from the Insitnct in hopes of being able to actually watch the Sprint TV and use the web. I can watch TV better BUT, I am sorely dissapointed in the 8330's lake of web savy. When I try to view certain pages that my Instinct could view, the Curve says "bowser too old" or "cannot run Java script or it simply asks to "exit browser?". I know that it has the 4.3 browser and the phone is brand new, how can the browser be old?????. How can it not view pages that my instinct could????? I also can't watch videos on websites at all, like you tube or builders.com!! I thought these phones were the "macdaddy" PDA? Please someone out there help me out. If the BB can't view certain pages, I may have no choice but to switch phones. Oh, I forgot to tell you that it won't even send a video like the Instinct would. I have to send it to a sprint.pcs address and it takes about 30 hours for it to go through. NEED HELP, very frustated!!!!
    Last edited by baseballnutt; 02-03-09 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-03-09 06:54 PM
    The native BB browser pretty much sucks. I'd recommend downloading Opera Mini or Bolt.
    02-03-09 07:02 PM
    You might want to look into upgrading your OS to 4.5 Here is a link to it with instructions. Normally I wouldnt suggest doing an OS upgrade to someone so new to blackberry.But thats what you need to stream video.As far as the mms thing, I am not sure but I think this is a sprint problem. Someone else will be able to help you better with that. Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade for OS upgrade instructions. Hoe this helps you out and welcome to CB.
    02-03-09 07:02 PM
    Where do I do that?? Should I do the Opera mini???
    02-03-09 07:03 PM
    02-03-09 07:04 PM
    Where do I find the Opera mini download?? Thanks
    02-03-09 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the link. So this will help with page viewing as well? Your wisdom is appreciated.
    02-03-09 07:09 PM
    You might want to look into upgrading your OS to 4.5 Here is a link to it with instructions. Normally I wouldnt suggest doing an OS upgrade to someone so new to blackberry.But thats what you need to stream video.As far as the mms thing, I am not sure but I think this is a sprint problem. Someone else will be able to help you better with that. Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade for OS upgrade instructions. Hoe this helps you out and welcome to CB.
    Yeah, from what I can remember Sprint doesn't do MMS on BlackBerrys.

I didn't realize you were trying to stream video via a browser. You'll probably want to upgrade your OS for this.

You should still get Opera Mini I think. Google it, it will come up right away.
    02-03-09 07:09 PM
    I agree, in order to stream or record video you will NEED to update your Operating System to at least 4.5.

To get it you can go to your carrier's website and see if they offer the 4.5 or you can download the one off the sticky post at the top of the forum. Make sure and follow the instructions in rlp's sig line for proper upgrade and you should be good to go.

Operating systems under 4.5 don't allow for video recording, streaming video or HTNL on emails.

Welcome to Crackberry!

02-03-09 07:51 PM
    I'm a little confused by some of these responses.

I had a Curve with 4.3 and I could record video on it, as well as watching video on Youtube with the BB browser, I don't use Opera Mini on it, just the standard BB browser and never had problems on Youtube.

As for sending, Sprint did not allow MMS before 4.5 so that is correct in stating you could not send a video or anything for that matter via MMS prior to 4.5
    02-06-09 06:16 AM
    Where do I find the Opera mini download?? Thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    02-06-09 07:00 AM
    I agree, in order to stream or record video you will NEED to update your Operating System to at least 4.5.

To get it you can go to your carrier's website and see if they offer the 4.5 or you can download the one off the sticky post at the top of the forum. Make sure and follow the instructions in rlp's sig line for proper upgrade and you should be good to go.

Operating systems under 4.5 don't allow for video recording, streaming video or HTNL on emails.
    You can get video streaming and video recording with OS versions 4.3 and above.

The 8330 was shipped with 4.3.
    02-06-09 11:42 AM
    I'm a little confused by some of these responses.

I had a Curve with 4.3 and I could record video on it, as well as watching video on Youtube with the BB browser, I don't use Opera Mini on it, just the standard BB browser and never had problems on Youtube.

As for sending, Sprint did not allow MMS before 4.5 so that is correct in stating you could not send a video or anything for that matter via MMS prior to 4.5
    The Curve 8330 is the only one out of the 83xx line that had 4.3 and video recording. That's why you could record video and watch video.

It's also my understand that no matter what phone you have, Sprint is not setup for MMS messaging. It sends it to some sprint site that gives you a link to see the image/video, it's a real pain.
    02-06-09 12:13 PM
    It's also my understand that no matter what phone you have, Sprint is not setup for MMS messaging. It sends it to some sprint site that gives you a link to see the image/video, it's a real pain.

That is correct, Sprint uses Picture Mail service from Verisign instead of actual true phone to phone MMS, so anything you get from someone via MMS on a BB with Sprint directs you to their website to view it.

We now have the ability to SEND an MMS that people will get just like any other phone on any other carrier but we still have to get them through PM.
    02-06-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD