Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. kburns's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Unhappy Need Help To Navigate Curve Without Trackball

    Hey guys,


    My trackball fell out last night at a concert, and was not able to find the pieces to it. I ordered a new trackball today but I want to be able to read my text messages until it comes in. I know you can use shortcut keys but whenever I try to follow the codes I am not able to because I have those keys set as speed dials for peoples numbers. What do I do? HELP!
  2. benzworm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    as far as i know, it is impossible
    ~PRIDE!~
  3. mitch-a-palooza's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    try short taps rather than hold. I know if I tap "m" it will open my inbox, but if I hold it it dials "Mark".
  4. kburns's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    I tried that, and it just goes to the first M entry in my phonebook.


    I feel helpless without my damn blackberry working, this is sad
  5. bmcclure937's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I tried that, and it just goes to the first M entry in my phonebook.


    I feel helpless without my damn blackberry working, this is sad
    This would be because you have Dialing from Home Screen turned on...

    From the calling screen... Menu > Options > General Options > Dial From Home Screen > No

    As long as your Menu Button works.. you are fine. The letter at the beginning of a word in a list allows you to navigate to it. So Menu > O > G > D > Space Bar to toggle on and off... that will work
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
  6. kburns's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    I cant get to the options part. It's stuck on my address book because I can't scroll down. My 5 preset icons for my screen are in top order: address book, messages, email, facebookmobile, and alarm, and then of course the icon to move to all my applications. So if I push the button to the left of the green phone to get to the view of all my applications, I am still on address book. How do I get to options?
  7. d-drop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    134 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I cant get to the options part. It's stuck on my address book because I can't scroll down. My 5 preset icons for my screen are in top order: address book, messages, email, facebookmobile, and alarm, and then of course the icon to move to all my applications. So if I push the button to the left of the green phone to get to the view of all my applications, I am still on address book. How do I get to options?
    Hey not sure if you got this to work yet but if you press the send key, press the menu key, press O for options, press the enter key, press the enter key again for general options, press the enter key until you get dial from home screen, press the space key to change to No, press the menu key, press enter to Save. Then you can access the different apps.
  8. CanApple's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #8  

    Lightbulb

    Yep, I have the same problem. That really helped thank you. That should hold me over until I get another phone.

    Now how do I get to my text messages????
  9. jwolfe99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanApple View Post
    Yep, I have the same problem. That really helped thank you. That should hold me over until I get another phone.

    Now how do I get to my text messages????
    Press the Menu Key, you may have to to it twice, a menu will pop up press S twice to go to switch apps then hit enter. Now press the M key and hit enter. Hope this helps out some..


    Julian
  10. mbudden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    901 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    PIN
    22928E0F
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanApple View Post
    Yep, I have the same problem. That really helped thank you. That should hold me over until I get another phone.

    Now how do I get to my text messages????
    new phone? why not just get a new trackball?
  11. swayjenkins's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Mine fell out last night and disappeared somewhere in the driveway.

    After you turn off dialing from the home screen, you can hit 'M' to get to messages, then the space key enough times to highlight a message below the one you want to read, press the 'U' key to move up the list of messages one at a time, and then press enter on the appropriate highlighted message.

    It's the best I can come up with and will have to deal with it until UPS shows up with my new trackball.
  12. nicstx's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    "n" = next
    "p" = previous in the message section
    while the messages are open, if they're closed it'll skip around days
    Last edited by nicstx; 05-25-2009 at 05:36 PM.
  13. levi_gonja's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  

    Unhappy wtf

    okay i have a pearl 8130 and i lost my trackball and i need some help.....i tried turning off the dial from homescreen but its not in my general options......WHAT THE **** DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?1??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
  14. JM19's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    Hey guys,


    My trackball fell out last night at a concert, and was not able to find the pieces to it. I ordered a new trackball today but I want to be able to read my text messages until it comes in. I know you can use shortcut keys but whenever I try to follow the codes I am not able to because I have those keys set as speed dials for peoples numbers. What do I do? HELP!
    Hey, sorry for the troubles u are having. I don't mean to sound like a smart A**, but in this situation is where having a spare trackball comes in handy. I learned it the hard way. Now I always have a sapre trackball handy just in case something like this were to happen, or the trackball goes bad.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. ragerrabbit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by d-drop View Post
    Hey not sure if you got this to work yet but if you press the send key, press the menu key, press O for options, press the enter key, press the enter key again for general options, press the enter key until you get dial from home screen, press the space key to change to No, press the menu key, press enter to Save. Then you can access the different apps.
    HEY!!! EVERYONE!!! This dude got it right! I have been trying to figure out how to navigate this ballless phone for 2 months, and I had just kind of accepted that I would never get to any of my apps again. My alarm was stuck going off at a random time for 2 months and i couldn't turn the volume down.

    Thank you d-drop!!!

    There is nothing that can be done with the trackball that can't be done without the trackball.

    Once you get to your icons, after disabling home screen dialing:
    (w/ t-mobile)

    Q=ICQ
    W=T-Zones
    R=Alarm
    T=Tasks
    Y=Yahoo! Messenger
    U=Calculator
    I=AIM
    O=Options
    A=Address Book
    S=Search
    D=MemoPad
    F=Profiles (Volume)
    G=Google Talk
    H=Help
    K=Lock
    L=Calendar
    X=Windows Live Messenger
    C=Contacts(Same as Address Book)
    V=Saved Messages
    B=Internet Browser
    M=Messages


    They want you to think that losing the ball means time for a new phone! Ha!
  16. yehrulz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,060 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ata. Ask for pin!
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragerrabbit View Post
    HEY!!! EVERYONE!!! This dude got it right! I have been trying to figure out how to navigate this ballless phone for 2 months, and I had just kind of accepted that I would never get to any of my apps again. My alarm was stuck going off at a random time for 2 months and i couldn't turn the volume down.

    Thank you d-drop!!!

    There is nothing that can be done with the trackball that can't be done without the trackball.

    Once you get to your icons, after disabling home screen dialing:
    (w/ t-mobile)

    Q=ICQ
    W=T-Zones
    R=Alarm
    T=Tasks
    Y=Yahoo! Messenger
    U=Calculator
    I=AIM
    O=Options
    A=Address Book
    S=Search
    D=MemoPad
    F=Profiles (Volume)
    G=Google Talk
    H=Help
    K=Lock
    L=Calendar
    X=Windows Live Messenger
    C=Contacts(Same as Address Book)
    V=Saved Messages
    B=Internet Browser
    M=Messages


    They want you to think that losing the ball means time for a new phone! Ha!

    firstly, you bumped up a super old post.

    secondly, he didn't have homescreen shortcuts available.

    lastly, please read before posting!
    BigBadWulf - "Word of advice - Stick to the seasoned veterans here. If you see someone who averages about 100 posts a day, gnrally speaking they have little experience, and want to prove it as often as possible. "
    "Thank you. I am tired of copy/pasting the same instructions."
  17. ehart002's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #17  

    Thumbs up How to read messages without a track ball!

    1. Turn off dial from home screen
    2. Press M
    3. Press Space Bar
    4. Press U until the message you want is highlighted
    5. Press Enter

    Tada
  18. nik1008's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    how to get to text messages without trackball
  19. Arlene Vieira's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    When I get to options, I'm not able to get to General Options. I hit enter key and it's opening the first item in the Options list i.e. In-call settings... the hit enter key twice is not allowing it to move down the list.. Helpppp!!!!

Posting Permissions