I am setting up my new 8320 (which I LOVE) but stumble over one hick up in my address book:
    For some reason, when I try to make a call using my address book, it automatically adds the area + country code to each phone number. This screws up all my local numbers since I can not use them right of the address book but need to dial them "by hand" without the area code and country code.
    Can anybody tell me how to switch this feature off?
    03-18-08 10:06 AM
    every local number i have stored has the area code in front of it. so every number i call in town dials with the area code first. works just fine
    03-18-08 02:55 PM
    Phone -> Menu -> Options -> Smart Dialing -> Set country code and area code accordingly. Make sure "National Number Length" (for U.S., I have it set to 10) is set correctly for your area. These settings result in numbers from the phone book (again, I can only speak to the U.S., but this should be consistent across countries) being dialed as area code plus the seven digit number. Area code is pulled from the Smart Dialing setting if not in your phone book.
    03-18-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD