Ok the very first thing that I have GOT to figure out is how to make it NOT vibrate/ring/ whatever when I get email. This is DRIVING me crazy!

Ringtones... when I go to the apps on the phone, I can not figure out how to hear the ringtone before I buy it. I really want to hear them first.

themes vs wallpaper.... which is better? which do I want? what is the difference?

Thanks for all your help!
    Karen
    new curve owner
    05-03-09 02:56 PM
    You should visit the newbie section, there is a 101 sticky and a TON of information there, to get you thru the ins and outs of it...
    05-03-09 02:57 PM
    ps.. I have two themes loaded onto my phone and I just switch out the wallpaper to change the look much easier, and cheaper, wallpapers are free, there is a wallpaper section in the Media forum here at CB..

Go for free ringtones, again, the ringtone section, loook at the top, youll see Ringtones..
    05-03-09 02:58 PM
    check the 101's...loads of info to help you get started
    05-03-09 02:59 PM
    where is the newbe section? I'm not seeing it.
    05-03-09 03:02 PM
    Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com , support , type of device and then carrier and they have a 101 video with step by step for all the functions of your curve.
    05-03-09 03:03 PM
    The Blackberry 101 series is in a link in my sig below.
    05-03-09 03:08 PM
    Welcome to your new addiction!

To answer your first question, go to

1. Profiles > Advanced > Scroll to Profile you wish to use > Click Trackball
    2. Scroll to option you wish not to ring / vibrate > Click Trackball
    3. Set "Out of Holster" and "In Holster" to "None" if you wish neither tones or vibration for that alert type
    4. Press Escape / Back (return arrow button right of trackball) > Select Save >
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 above for all Alerts you wish to modify for Profile
    6. Press Esc > Save.
    7. Select Profile > Scroll to the profile you just modified, and Click Trackball to activate that profile. (Note, if you select to edit the profile set as ACTIVE in steps above, you can skip this step.

As others have mentioned, the 101 lecture series is a great place to get started in learning all the features and functions of your new phone. Another great place to look, is in the manual that came with the phone (I know I know, no one reads the manual , but there is some great information in there).
    05-03-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD