I did a search before posting this and couldn't find the right help.

My wife just got a curve from Verizon. She wants to import all her email contact addresses that she has saved in her email account. However she does not use outlook or anything like that. she uses our ISP's online webmail to store her book. there is an export feature but when I tried that, it just opened the files up in excel and it was pretty messed up....stuff was all over the place.

We're using Desktop Manager 4.7. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? As I said, the export feature in her webmail was kinda screwy.
    12-27-08 03:09 PM
    Try this. you need to save the excel as a csv file.

Keep in mind this is from an earlier Desktop manager version and some of terminology maybe different

Procedure
    To import contacts from an CSV file to the BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync.
    3. In the Intellisync� window, click Configure PIM.
    4. Select the Address Book check box, and then click Choose.
    5. Select ASCII Import/Export and click Export.
    6. Click Browse and type BlackBerry.csv for the file name. This will create the file BlackBerry.csv.
    7. Click Open. When prompted with the message This File does not exist, click Yes.
    8. In the Choose Application section, click OK, and then click OK on Configuration.
    9. Click Synchronize Now. This will create the CSV file with the field mapping required to add contacts.
    10. Add the contact to the CSV file, and then repeat step 4.
    11. Select ASCII Import/Export and click Import.
    12. Click Synchronize Now. This imports the contact from the CSV file to the BlackBerry device.
    12-27-08 03:17 PM
    I'm using version 4.7. There is no intellisync button that I see anywhere. I do have the file saved as a csv right now. I was able to get it imported, or so I thought, but when I check the device, none of the email addresses show up in the address book.
    12-27-08 03:27 PM
    I'm not sure what step 10 means....what do I do?? add what contact to what?
    12-27-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD