Hello all,

Thanks so much in advance for any help that you might have.

For the last couple of days, whenever I've tried to go to Internet Browser but all I got just the message: Uncaught exception invisible node cannot be made current, and also it FROZED UP after that, I have to remove the battery to reset it. Please let me know what has happened to my device, and what should I do to fix it?

Once again, thanks millions for your help, if any.

Best Regards,

TH.
    02-21-08 01:12 PM
    02-21-08 01:50 PM
    Thank You so much Sunkast.

Since I am so new to this BB, Please bear with me and let me know how do I do that? What I should/should not do when re-installing the OS? Is there any step by step link(s) which shows one how to do it? Once again, I am really appreciated for your helps. You're the best.

BTW, I believed that my current OS is 4.2.2.180, I've heard that this one is the most stable version one. Should I need to upgrade it to the latest OS, if any?

Best Regards,

TH
    Last edited by Thai; 02-21-08 at 03:23 PM.
    02-21-08 03:17 PM
    Log into T-mobile and download the handheld/device OS, install it on your computer. Also if you don't have desktop manager installed, download and install it too.

Next on your BB go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Press Menu > Wipe Handheld.

Then you should be able to connect it to your computer and run desktop manager and the app loader to reinstall everything.

You can refer to this article as well from step 3 and on: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry

If anyone has corrections to my steps, please feel free to correct me since I haven't done this personally myself.
    02-21-08 04:04 PM
    joining from Nice France: had the same problem the first day using BB.. So i don't even understand the answer! any idea (for a simple minded french man ?)
    thanks any way
    03-18-08 05:23 PM
    joining from Nice France: had the same problem the first day using BB.. So i don't even understand the answer! any idea (for a simple minded french man ?)
    thanks any way
    Yaca,
    As of now, I still have not "fix" it yet (kind of affraid to mess it up), SunKast would be very helpful, he might have some pointers with DOs & DON'Ts to us as Newbies here

Best Regards,

TH
    03-18-08 05:54 PM
    anyone have any more input on this? i'm now experiencing this problem and have searched with not much fixes....i just switched to mac so i'm downloading whatever I need right now to do the handheld wipe...restore.

if i haven't restored in a while, am i still able to attempt that fix?
    05-16-08 12:54 AM
    Called T-Mobile Blackberry help and they had me download the latest Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17, select Backup/Restore (Back-Up), select Application Loader and erase whatever came up (Facebook in my case), and select next...This action will update your OS and get rid of that annoying "Uncaught Exception: Invisible node cannot be made current." In my case the problem was with a Facebook application I downloaded.

Hope this helps ...I first wiped out my system and reloaded the OS only to have the problem reoccure after Facebook Application was added again.
    08-11-08 01:37 PM
    If you have noticed this is a T-Mobile OS issue. BAD OS. I work with all BB carriers and this is T-Mobile's issue. This is not a RIM issue.
    Last edited by atchoo2u; 08-18-08 at 03:52 PM.
    08-18-08 03:08 PM
    This Is A Simple Brower Problem.........just Go To Desktop Manager And Do A Repair With Your Backups.....easy Fix
    08-20-08 06:38 AM
    OK, I got this message and it took me forever to get it fixed.
    I finally figured out how to fix it.... The problem is in the bookmarks.

1. go to your messages and find an e-mail with a link in it. (This will allow you to bypass opening the "start page" which is causing the problem).
    2. open the link and click the blackberry key, and then scroll to options.
    3. Click browser configuration.
    4. at the very top, make sure the browser listed is the one you're having the problem with.... (e.x. if you receive the error when you're trying to use WAP Browser, change the browser to "WAP browser").
    5. scroll to near bottom and change "start page" to "Homepage"
    6. make sure the home page is an accurate page... (ex. google).
    7. click the blackberry button again and select save changes.

it should work... it did for me....

I still don't have access to my bookmarks, but at least I can use the browser.....
    10-12-08 01:50 AM
    This worked wonders! Thanks for the post - I've had this issue for 2 months and was going through an e-mail link to get to the browser...what a pain. T-Mobil wanted to reinstall the OS and I was not comfortable with that as I always lose things when that happens.

Thanks a million!
    10-13-08 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the fix. I didn't have anything in my bookmarks so this was perfect.

Now if I could just get my BB to sync with Ubuntu Linux I'd be happy
    11-10-08 10:06 AM
    Man, I was trying everthing to get past this message. What a life saver! Its 2:40am and i've been trying for a couple of hours to get my browser to work. Again, thanks a million!!!

OK, I got this message and it took me forever to get it fixed.
    I finally figured out how to fix it.... The problem is in the bookmarks.

1. go to your messages and find an e-mail with a link in it. (This will allow you to bypass opening the "start page" which is causing the problem).
    2. open the link and click the blackberry key, and then scroll to options.
    3. Click browser configuration.
    4. at the very top, make sure the browser listed is the one you're having the problem with.... (e.x. if you receive the error when you're trying to use WAP Browser, change the browser to "WAP browser").
    5. scroll to near bottom and change "start page" to "Homepage"
    6. make sure the home page is an accurate page... (ex. google).
    7. click the blackberry button again and select save changes.

it should work... it did for me....

I still don't have access to my bookmarks, but at least I can use the browser.....
    11-20-08 04:43 AM
    Thank you so much for posting this fix, I was going crazy trying to fix my BB browser!!
    03-08-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD