Hello, Im new to this whole crackberry thing, I have two problems, the first is that for two days now my missed call indicator will not go away even though I checked all new messages. It constantly shows one missed call and counts up with each new missed call, but when I check them out, it still shows one.
    The second problem is that my caller ID is inconsistant, if someone I have stored in my contact calls me, my phone does recognize it as saved, it just shows area code and number. This happens everyday but randomly. The same person can call right back and I can see their profile when they call, verizon and blackberry cant help me, can you? Thanks
    10-28-08 02:30 AM
    Hey there,

I only have experience with the first problem, so I'll let someone else help ya with the second problem you mentioned.

I went through all my phone related folder several times before I found a missed call - you have to open them then close in order for the message to go away. Check messages, folders..etc again and you should find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 02:44 AM
    Ive cleared my inbox without opening missed calls before and the indicator stayed on... Just reset the phone (cant remember which way) and it went away
    10-28-08 05:08 AM
    I've had that problem w/ the call message and sometimes a message indicator when all were viewed. Do the magicall mystery battery pull and it should clear the alert. I get it a lot when I delete e-mails, then read them on my computer l8r.
    10-28-08 06:46 AM
    I had the same issue and it was an unread saved message make sure you clear those as well!!
    11-20-08 07:17 PM
    I've got the same problem. No matter what I do the message indicator stays on. I've deleted everything and wiped out my message folders and it's still there. Very annoying.
    11-20-08 09:53 PM
    I have missed "missed call" notifications. And remember that you can open any of your mailboxes and type the letter u to find unread messages.

11-20-08 09:55 PM
    its not about having unread messages

others r having this same problem, no new messages yet still an indicator

just pull the battery for now until RIM fixes the problem
    11-20-08 10:04 PM
    its not about having unread messages

others r having this same problem, no new messages yet still an indicator

just pull the battery for now until RIM fixes the problem
    Yeah, I got that, just sayin� I've done battery pulls to get rid of the unread message indicator and then found that there really was an unread message. :-)

11-21-08 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD