I just installed a 4 gig SDmicro card into my BB and was wondering if there was a link I could go to that would explain to me how to download music onto my laptop and then into my BB.Please forgive me, I am a complete newb. I have only had my curve 1 month and I would really like to use the media player. Thanks in advance.
    01-15-09 02:58 AM
    The how to/101 series explain it in full detail.

The stickies for these are at the tops of the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 03:05 AM
    It aint that hard man. I learned within minutes of getting my phone. Just use the usb cable and transfer songs

01-15-09 03:12 AM
    Thanks for the speedy replies folks.I have never downloaded music before. My son has always done it, but he is away. I guess I will try a site like Limewire or Morpheus. Should not be too hard. Thanks again.
    01-15-09 03:24 AM
    Yea that will work. Just drag the songs into the "music" folder. And pictures on the "pictures" folder etc.

01-15-09 03:40 AM
    Yea that will work. Just drag the songs into the "music" folder. And pictures on the "pictures" folder etc.
    Put your phone into Mass Storage Mode, Options > Media Card. Change Media Card support (On), and Enable Mass Storage Mode (Prompt).

Then you will need a USB to mini USB data cable. When you connect your BB to the computer, your BB will ask you if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode, choose Yes.

From your computer open a file explorer and find the BB as a drive on your computer. Look for a folder called Blackberry and open it. Drop the files into Music as stated above.
    01-15-09 03:59 AM
    Drag and drop between your PC and BB. When connected to your BB with a USB cable and Mass Storage Mode enable, your the SD card in BB acts as a removable drive.
    01-15-09 06:27 AM
    I would advise you to stay away from the malware/trojan ridden Limewire program.
    Use SoulSeek.
    Soulseek - Slsknet - File sharing software

01-15-09 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the speedy replies folks.I have never downloaded music before. My son has always done it, but he is away. I guess I will try a site like Limewire or Morpheus. Should not be too hard. Thanks again.
    I would recommend you stay away from any free peer-to-peer filesharing software. Stick with applications such as Napster, iTunes, or Rhapsody. With these, even though you have to pay, you know you are getting a legit music file instead of an infection of some sort.

With that being said, if you insist on using P2P software, remember that a full song in mp3 format isn't 33kb. They average about 4mb-5mb per song, or roughly 1.3mb per one minute of audio. So, when you want to download Boston - More Than A Feeling and you see a file size of 33kb on Limewire and you download it, you've just infected your machine.
    01-15-09 09:25 AM
    Follow up question...New to BB as well and I have managed (thanks to all the info here) to install and transfer music from Windows Media player to BB. All working great except...some songs it seems to come up with the artist name/album and put them in the correct group. Others come up as "unknown". What's happening there? Thanks!
    01-15-09 11:34 AM
    Follow up question...New to BB as well and I have managed (thanks to all the info here) to install and transfer music from Windows Media player to BB. All working great except...some songs it seems to come up with the artist name/album and put them in the correct group. Others come up as "unknown". What's happening there? Thanks!
    More than likely the info in the ID3 tag is incomplete. You can use an
    application such as Winamp or Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) to fix them.

It is rather time consuming if you have a lot of them, but you only have
    to deal with them once.
    01-15-09 12:19 PM
    Okay, I think I understand...so I use this program on the computer, the program completes the ID3, and then transfer the MP3 to my Blackberry again and problem should be fixed?

Thanks a bunch!
    01-15-09 12:37 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.
    01-15-09 12:38 PM
    Okay, I think I understand...so I use this program on the computer, the program completes the ID3, and then transfer the MP3 to my Blackberry again and problem should be fixed?

Thanks a bunch!
    Just a couple of things.

1) The program does not auto-complete. You have to physically edit the ID3
    tag yourself.

2) You don't need to copy the songs to your PC. Leave them on the phone and
    just point the program to where they are located.
    01-15-09 12:45 PM
    I like using frostwire never have problems with it putting music on my mp3 or phone. Set up a file to desktop and drag and drop.
    01-15-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD