I am a new blackberry user. How do I log off so that my email doesn't alert me at all times in the night?
    01-16-09 12:44 AM
    I am a new blackberry user. How do I log off so that my email doesn't alert me at all times in the night?
    You will need to turn your blackberry off on red phone button, it is power for turn on and turn off. You will need to go to profile app and click on that then click go to the advanced.... Once the screen open, whatever ur profie is set on loud, vibrate etc click on that what u r using "loud" for example then u will see there's a lot of different setting for those on ur device. U will need to find "Messages(your name or username) Click that you can see there is volume n vibrate, beep and ringtone. You change them what u wish for ur device. Isnt that easy?? I had first blackberry 8700g last march then i switched into blackberry curve last month. I always fool with it and I got plm solved. Smile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 12:58 AM
    Change your profile to quiet before you go to bed. This turns off all audible phone sounds.
    01-16-09 06:08 AM
    Switch your profile to Phone Only - That way you'll still hear your phone ring, but there will be no alerts for texts or emails.

If you set it to Quiet or Off, you will not get a phone call ringer. Not sure if you're worried about that, but I don't have a land line, so it's the only phone my family can call in an emergency.
    01-16-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD