so, I tried to set up BIS to block getting duplicate Gmails (the "sent items" problem)

Here's what I did step by step
    *tried to log into BIS through my desktop (didn't figure it would work) but it wouldn't let me create an account because it said an account already existed for my PIN.

*after I was given this info I requested my password/login in info be sent to me...but it told me that no account existed for my PIN

*so, i went on my phone and repeated the same process...up to trying to create an account. I enter my IMEI (using copy and paste) and my PIN (which I double checked...it was correct) and it tells me it couldn't let me do anything because an account already exists for my PIN...but, again, when I try to get that info sent to me through the site the txt message/email it generates and sends tells me no account exists for my PIN.

Like I said in the title...this doesn't make any sense.

Ummm, help.

Please.

OR tell me if there is an alternate way around using BIS to block the sent message gmail problem.

either/or.
    07-09-08 03:22 PM
    This is what I did. While in messeges, press munu, then go to options. Next, general settings. Finally, Scroll down to hide sent messeges.

Works for me!
    07-09-08 03:27 PM
    contact your provider and have your PIN situation fixed. did you buy a used phone or something?
    07-09-08 03:29 PM
    I know what u mean Joshua it really doesn't make sense. I tried over and over again with the BIS and it doesn't work for me either with the BIS. I don't understand it
    07-09-08 03:30 PM
    contact your provider and have your PIN situation fixed. did you buy a used phone or something?
    my phone is a refurb...so..I dunno...does that qualify as "used?"
    07-09-08 03:36 PM
    like oakie said did you buy a used phone? have you tried contacting your provider. They can also set this up for you over the phone.
    07-09-08 03:36 PM
    what he meant is that some people buy them on ebay. You have to make sure the esn is clear. I assume you bought this from at&t? I would give them a call. We had to do that with my girlfriends phone, ended up being on there end and they went in and fixed it.
    07-09-08 03:38 PM
    contact your provider and have them straighten out the PIN. the PIN hasnt been released.

is this refurb a replacement for a phone you had?
    07-09-08 03:39 PM
    This is what I did. While in messeges, press munu, then go to options. Next, general settings. Finally, Scroll down to hide sent messeges.

Works for me!
    I did the the day I got that phone.

The problem is I have it set up to recieve/send from my Gmail account and EVERYTIME I reply to a message/send a message via that account it sends me the email too (kinda like a BCC....)

there's a way to filter it out but you apparently HAVE to use the BIS to do it and that is my problem.
    07-09-08 03:40 PM
    I am not having a problem with my pin. I just don't have the filter option when I access the BIS
    07-09-08 03:42 PM
    what he meant is that some people buy them on ebay. You have to make sure the esn is clear. I assume you bought this from at&t? I would give them a call. We had to do that with my girlfriends phone, ended up being on there end and they went in and fixed it.
    I will do this later this evening and see if that fixes the issue.

contact your provider and have them straighten out the PIN. the PIN hasnt been released.

is this refurb a replacement for a phone you had?
    it's a refurb bought through the att online store as an upgrade by my wife as an xmas gift this past december (i was using a samsung blackjack at the time that was acting the fool and had gotten on my last damn nerve!)
    07-09-08 03:42 PM
    I am not having a problem with my pin. I just don't have the filter option when I access the BIS
    so you're not getting the filter options on the right in this diagram, between "edit" and "delete"?

07-09-08 03:47 PM
    Even with the refurb the PIN might still be associated with someone else...carrier can straighten it out!
    07-09-08 03:49 PM
    I will do this later this evening and see if that fixes the issue.

it's a refurb bought through the att online store as an upgrade by my wife as an xmas gift this past december (i was using a samsung blackjack at the time that was acting the fool and had gotten on my last damn nerve!)
    account issue. CS should be able to take care of it.

emphasis on the "should"
    07-09-08 03:49 PM
    thanks for all your help...i'll be calling CS a little later this evening when I have some free time and crossing my fingers that it'll resolve the issue.
    07-09-08 04:12 PM
    Just an update for all those kind enough to help me/offer advice in this:

Turns out because I had set up my two device emails initially through the device and not BIS that was causing the problem. On my initial call to CS I ultimately got hungup on (unintentional but still...) on my second call, after 1 transfer to the proper people, I got excellent service and was able to get everything straightened out. The lady who helped me was even nice enough to stay on the line with me and help me out as I got everything set up on my desktop at work...

anyway, now that i've got everything set it's time to hit up the necessary thread and set up my filter.

Word.
    07-09-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD