alright so im new to all of this and i went to bb.com and downloaded the desktop manager,and when i connect my phone via the usb port it says it isnt connected so i cant do anything....can someone please help me ,i want to get a new theme
    01-07-09 03:21 PM
    You might have a bad copy, I'd try to download a new one, make sure you select the save option when downloading and save it where you can find it and reinstall it. I recommend you get either 4.6 or 4.7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 03:24 PM
    Check that your USB port is working correctly as well. I used DM 4.7 without a problem. And you should be able to load most themes OTA.
    01-07-09 03:26 PM
    and..... make sure your bb is plugged in to pc BEFORE you open Desktop Manager.
    01-07-09 03:28 PM
    and..... make sure your bb is plugged in to pc BEFORE you open Desktop Manager.
    I've never had a problem doing it before or after. I'm on Vista 64. To the OP, I think we're all assuming you're running windows. If you're on a MAC, then you need to download PocketMac.
    01-07-09 03:31 PM
    arcadence, your'e absolutely right. I just tried it.... its a habit I carried over from an older DM version perhaps as its what I had to do then.

Thanks
    01-07-09 03:39 PM
    alright so it didint work,i deleted it from my computer and tryed to download 4.6 and it said error 1500 another download is in progress,but im not downloading anything..im about to cry!!
    01-07-09 05:00 PM
    make sure you uninstall the dm before you download again. dupes cause problems
    01-07-09 05:05 PM
    yes i have,ive checked like 2234234 times
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
    And you did select save and not run - then you install it after it has finished downloading?

Here is a link you can try to find a good DM copy:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 01-07-09 at 05:21 PM.
    01-07-09 05:09 PM
    i got it working now thanks for that, but now im trying to back up my third party apps so i can get a new os..i need to do this right?

i go to device setup wizard and then i hit next,it reads some stuff for a while,and then it says to select my new device and then from here im stuck!!
    01-07-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD