Ok. I'm running the current Sprint 4.5.0.131.on my 8330m. What am I doing wrong? I cleared all old RIM software off my computer. I downloaded DM 5.0. and installed. I downloaded the new phone OS 4.5.0.169 for the 8330m to my desktop and installed. I removed the Vendor.XML file. I started the 5.0 DM and tried to install the new OS and shows up in the updates but wont let me update. When chosen it just says "No software update is required for your device." Thanks!
    08-20-09 02:25 PM
    Do an Advanced search on your computer for a vendor.xml file, making sure you search everywhere including hidden and system files.

After you find the hidden vendor.xml file and delete it, launch your upgrade from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader folder by double clicking on the loader.exe file. Don't go through Desktop Manager.
    08-20-09 02:48 PM
    Did the search and didnt find any other Vendor files. I'll try to load thru loader.exe. Thanks!
    08-20-09 02:58 PM
    Worked great! Thanks Xliderider
    08-20-09 03:29 PM
    Glad to hear.

I always install from loader.exe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 05:09 PM
    I just bought a BB curve 8330m this sunday with Sprint 4.5.0.131. Should I upgrade my OS? According to the sprint website I have what they recommend. This is my first blackberry and I have no clue what OS is good for my phone. Also, if I upgrade will it put an end to the annoying dimming of the screen even though I have that feature turned off? Thanks.
    08-20-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD