Hello All,

I am new to the site and need assistance trying to upgrade to v4.5

I currently have v4.2 BB curve 8310

I have a mac desktop so I am not entirely sure on how to go about doing this upgrade, if anyone can help I would appreciate it a lot. Step by step instructions would be great!

Thanks.
    10-08-08 01:16 AM
    you cant do an os upgrade with a mac.

if you need further instructions, step by step ones came with the phone and have also been reprinted in the how-to forum.
    10-08-08 06:24 AM
    You can read through the instructions at this link. Then you can post a question there about using a mac as well. The person who wrote the guide has a mac, too. It can be done, I believe, it's just harder . Don't feel like there's a great rush to do it. Your device will wait for you to get good at using it. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 10-08-08 at 08:19 AM.
    10-08-08 07:13 AM
    Depending on how new your Mac is, you can install windows XP or Vista on its own partition using Boot Camp if you have OS X Leopard. That's what I use as a last resort for windows-only stuff that I can't accomplish on my Mac.
    10-08-08 07:44 AM
    Depending on how new your Mac is, you can install windows XP or Vista on its own partition using Boot Camp if you have OS X Leopard. That's what I use as a last resort for windows-only stuff that I can't accomplish on my Mac.
    Thank you for the OP, I do believe this is what bmcclure would suggest -- he wrote the upgarde guide I linked above, .
    10-08-08 08:18 AM
    Well since everyone told me it will be a lot harder to upgrade the BB 8310 v4.2 to v4.5 on a mac computer then I will try doing it on a regular windows XP or windows vista computer.

Can someone provide me with step by step instructions on how to go about doing the upgrade from v4.2 to v4.5 on a BB 8310.

Thanks.
    10-08-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD