For some reason, the headset jack on my Curve isn't working. I haven't used any headphones in a while but I downloaded new music to my BB today and tried to listen and I get nothing. The audio plays out of the speaker like the headset isn't even plugged in. Is there something I need to do to "switch" the jack on or something?
    04-18-09 07:39 PM
    try running the plug though the jack 3-4 tomes kinda quickly, see if this works. If not the jack might need to be replaced. Other option, get a B/T headset
    04-18-09 07:41 PM
    Try a battery pull to reset the device. See if that helps. Also try another set of head phones. Do they work in another type of device. Mp3 player or PC?
    04-18-09 07:42 PM
    I have tried different headphones yes. I also tried to play the BB through the head unit in my vehicle. This also no longer works. I hope the jack isn't messed up. I haven't even had my BB for a year yet.
    04-18-09 07:49 PM
    Take it in to sprint and have them test it. If it's bad they will switch it out hopefully. But with Sprint anything can happen.
    04-18-09 07:51 PM
    Also tried a battery pull, no luck. I'm guessing the jack is messed up. Crap.
    04-18-09 07:51 PM
    The jacks are caca, the contacts on the inside sping in and out and get stuck over time. Like I said run the the plug though 3-4 times fast if this does not work, then they can be replaced or if you are under warr. the carrier should replace it.
    04-18-09 07:53 PM
    Yeah, I kinda figured they weren't that great, especially since I hardly used the headphones at all. I tried running the plug in and out of if a few times like you said to no avail.

I did install a new 8GB micro SD the other day. I formatted the card via the BB. Downloading to the new card, I didn't run into any problems. Just thought I'd add that in case it had bearing.
    04-18-09 08:00 PM
    Just in case this might be the problem, I doubt it, remove the card and try again. I am banking now that it is the jack
    04-18-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD