I must have my phone for work but the email alert awakens me. Is there a way to schedule the email alerts to silence automatically from 11 at night to 7 in the morning? I'd like to set it and forget it but still receive phone calls and texts. Anyone have a solution?
    04-04-09 11:24 AM
    You can change your profile to the phone only option when you go to bed. That will allow the phone to ring but all other sounds are silenced
    04-04-09 11:25 AM
    You can make a new profile.
    So only you get notified for email and texts.

I think there's an app for that though I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 11:27 AM
    I appreciate the quick responses but now I have a dilemma. Do I act like I know how to do these things or admit that I'm clueless? I opt for the latter. As with most things technical, I was given the phone with pretty much everything done by our IT folks. (bless their hearts) Can someone explain how to do these things? And, please type slowly. Thanks again.
    04-04-09 11:37 AM
    I must have my phone for work but the email alert awakens me. Is there a way to schedule the email alerts to silence automatically from 11 at night to 7 in the morning? I'd like to set it and forget it but still receive phone calls and texts. Anyone have a solution?
    You can use the Auto On/Off function! Go to Options>>Auto On/Off, set what time you want your phone to turn off at night and what time to turn on in the morning. You can also set it for the weekends.

04-04-09 11:38 AM
    You go to Profile - Advanced Profile
    You can hit Menu - New Profile
    Or Menu - Edit (which ever one you want to edit )

It'll then take you to a list of all the notifications to set.
    I suggest to edit "Phone Only"
    Then edit the SMS option
    It's what I have done. But except SMS for BBM.

04-04-09 11:41 AM
    You can get a third party software named Profiler which will change the Profile automatically for you on the schedule you set.
    04-04-09 11:41 AM
    Profiles
    Advanced
    Highlight "Phone Only"
    Menu
    Edit
    SMS Text
    Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: choose one you want
    Volume: Low (or whatever)
    Menu
    Save

At night, when you want to get phone call and sms alerts only:

Profiles
    "Phone Only"
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-04-09 at 12:20 PM.
    04-04-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD