Two months ago I decided to park my Palm TX for a device that claimed it would do all the Palm did and have a phone, email, and Internet w/o a WiFi connection. Plus I was tired of regularly rebooting the Palm - one or twice a week.

So now I only have to reboot 4 -10 times a day! The BB 8330 hangs (that spinning hour glass icon is the most popular screen on the BB) whether I am trying to check email, text, or perform local applications like music or videos. Not always, but enough to be very aggravating. Like when I am trying to text home as the door of the plane is closing to let my wife know when the plane is leaving and thus when it is landing. It locks and I do not have the time for the reset process before "Turn off all electronic devices" is announced!

I have removed all extraneous applications, limited apps to Opera Mini, Accuweather, and Google primarily. I regularly clear the memory cache and I installed QuickPull to reboot during the night. I have resent the service books and returned to only the supplied theme - deleting all others. My BB still locks up several times a day. Is this normal? If not any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Joe B.
    07-05-09 11:10 PM
    If you have a memory card in the phone take it out. If the rebooting, freeezing, and hourglassing stops then do the following:

Move your memory card contents to your computer, format the memory card on your BB, move the files back to your memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the hint. I am on the road now, without an adapter for the MiniSD, so this weekend. . .

Joe B.
    07-05-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the input. The 8330 seems much better now. I installed Quickpull to simulate a battery pull each morning at 2:00 am, and logMaid to automatically clear the cache.

I try to be careful to close applications when I am done, rather that just back out to the menu and I install only one new app at a time to see if if makes the BB stumble. This actually has the additional advantage of evaluating each app without confusing multiple new program and I discover that many are not as useful as advertised and I often remove them soon after they are installed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Joe
    07-30-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD