Do I have to delete stuff so I don't run out of memeory? Or does the Blackberry Curve auto delete?
    07-15-08 03:24 PM
    You would be better served to delete all mms, sms, bbm's and emails as soon as you are done with them to prevent the curve from doing the auto delete. If your bb runs low on memory it will start deleting things it thinks are unncessary. This can also mean calendar entries and the like. So in order to keep your bb running at it's optimum it is better to keep your free memory above 10-12mb.
    07-15-08 03:32 PM
    Heres a question, does it use the memory card to store this stuff too?
    07-15-08 03:36 PM
    depends on your settings my sms messages autodelete after fifteen days so my memory never gets full enough to force the phone to delete unnecessary things.
    07-15-08 03:37 PM
    I believe it's all on device memory. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-15-08 03:38 PM
    Do I have to delete stuff so I don't run out of memeory? Or does the Blackberry Curve auto delete?
    No, you are better off following Stoner's Guide in my signature so you do not have to go to these measures to keep your Berry working properly!! I delete my messages every 3 days or so...

Heres a question, does it use the memory card to store this stuff too?
    No. The microSD (media card) is used for media (pics, videos, ringtones, documents, etc... not applications, messages, call logs, etc!)
    07-15-08 03:38 PM
    Yes its best to keep memory as free as possible. Either use the auto delete or like I do after I'm done with it. If you would like to save them what I do is just e-mail them to myself and save them on my PC.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')
    07-15-08 03:43 PM
    Yes its best to keep memory as free as possible. Either use the auto delete or like I do after I'm done with it. If you would like to save them what I do is just e-mail them to myself and save them on my PC.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')
    How to enable auto-delete?
    07-15-08 03:56 PM
    Go to any message folder > press menu > select options >
    general options > scroll down to keep messages and
    set for the length of time you like
    07-15-08 03:58 PM
    Auto-delete is probably enabled already... but it is Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > Keep Messages > whatever you want

I highly recommend Stoner's Guide... only deleting messages is the minimum you can do!! And Auto-Delete is subpar... the lowest setting is 15 days, which can build up fast and hog memory. With auto-delete you can still run into memory issues if you have not optimized!!

Optimize, for the love of God... it is as easy as clicking the link in my sig for Stoner's Guide!!
    07-15-08 04:00 PM
    Auto-delete is probably enabled already... but it is Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > Keep Messages > whatever you want

I highly recommend Stoner's Guide... only deleting messages is the minimum you can do!! And Auto-Delete is subpar... the lowest setting is 15 days, which can build up fast and hog memory. With auto-delete you can still run into memory issues if you have not optimized!!

Optimize, for the love of God... it is as easy as clicking the link in my sig for Stoner's Guide!!
    Thanks for the help. I set auto delete to 15 days. I'm new to this Blackberry stuff. Give me some time before I start getting good at it.
    07-15-08 05:31 PM
    I am always amazed by the TV crime shows in which someone says, "Oh, yes, he sent me a text two months ago . . . yeah, I still have it on my phone." I don't keep that stuff on my phone any longer than it's needed (two, three days max, depending on if I've answered or otherwise taken care of the issue at hand), so the authorities are SOL when it comes to proving anything off of my phone!
    07-15-08 06:18 PM
    Question... If you have auto delete set, does it delete messages only on the handset or will it delete from the server too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD