Hi all new to the forum. GREAT forum loving it, just got my fisrt blackberry 8320 a week ago and loving it, haven't even looked at the manual as all the answers are right here.

1 question though, the browser, what the way to set it up so I can connect to the net with wifi when I am in a wifi zone and via my mobile network when I am not??

Currently I connect when in a wifi zone no problem atall but as soon as I turn the wifi off or am out of wifi zone I get the "this is a wifi service" message. I played around with it a little yesterday and seemed like I could have one or the other when I just want it auto wifi when in a wifi zone and via mobile network when I am not without having to change settings........phew, thanks all hope that made sense
    06-20-08 12:41 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is a setting that control the UMA behaviour of the Browser, it is documented in your manual. .

From Browser, Menu / Options / Browser Configuration.

You can select Wifi Prefered or Wifi Only. Prefered should give you the desired result.
    06-20-08 09:27 AM
    Welcome to the addiction.
    06-20-08 09:28 AM
    Welcome ,, this is the LEGAL Crack
    06-20-08 09:31 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Hope you are enjoying your device...

you just need to make sure you have WiFi preferred set on your Curve so it will switch to EDGE when out of range of WiFi.
    06-20-08 09:33 AM
    Thanks all loving the forum
    06-21-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD