I was shocked when I discovered that my Curve 8310 did not play native video nor stream it (accept for Youtube) like the Palm Centro did with Kinoma. If the BB Curve 8310 can stream youtube, why can't it stream any other web video? I'm not going to even go into how it doesn't support Flash, but it should support native and streamed video other than Youtube. I'll gladly buy a video player that will play native .wmv's and mpgs, as well as stream web video clips. Does ANYONE make a video player for the Curve? I'm sick and tired of having to convert videos to get them to play on the curve video format.

HELP!!!
    05-28-10 12:21 PM
    Videos that use Adobe Flash cannot currently be played on BlackBerry. There's no Flash for any BlackBerry. Many internet videos use Flash. Reported, Adobe is working on a Flash for BlackBerry to be released in the second half of 2010.

Also, streaming videos that use Windows Media Player cannot currently be viewed on BlackBerry.

Media Types Supported on BlackBerry Smartphones - Manuals and Guides

You would need to download the videos and then view them in the Media Player on your BlackBerry.

And even videos of the proper format still need to be encoded with the correct codec in order for your BlackBerry to view them.
    05-29-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD