I've got a problem that I and my IT manager don't get.

My BB is set up by my company to automatically grab my email, calendar and my contacts. The first two, no probs. The contacts however are a bit of a mystery:

1. There are 781 contacts in my BB and only 628 in my Outlook.
    2. In my BB my contacts are sorted in two parts, some first in alphabetical order and then the remaining in alphabetical order, e.g.:
    Adrian
    Betsie
    Gerard
    Kim
    Zoe
    Annabel
    David
    Maria
    Peter

While I can't find any reason it shouldn't be
    Adrian
    Annabel
    David
    Gerard
    Kim
    Maria
    Peter
    Zoe

So, why does my BB make this sorting decision and the mystery of the total number contacts?
    Hope anyone understands the problem and has the sollution.

Settings are:
    Sorted by first name Yes
    Confirm Delete Yes
    Allow Duplicate Names No
    Wireless Sync Yes
    08-08-07 12:22 PM
    In Outlook, is it set to sort by first name last name, or?

Also, in Outlook, those names that DON'T show in the right order, check the 'Display As' field, and see what's in there...
    08-08-07 12:39 PM
    The trick seems to be to make a copy of the contacts folder, and then empty your original folder. Wait for the BB to have no contacts listed and then transfer them back again. And, indeed, all of them should be saved/filed in the same way (first name last name or last name, first name, whichever you prefer). This is important for three fields. Full Name, File as, and Display as.
    ChangeNames is a nice piece of freeware that can help sorting and tidying up your contacts. Just google for it.
    08-10-07 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD