Hi, I have recently replaced the keypad membrane for my 8330, having purchased the common type you see online. They are made differently than my original, and these replacements have small strips of white tape over the little contact domes, rather than fully covering them as the original mylar membrane does.

The trackball dome on my original mylar had an exposed dome disc with a small nipple on top to contact the trackball. It is not like the common tiny gold domes you find on ebay.

I can not find a replacement that looks like the original mylar membrane, and would like to know if there is a source for parts that Blackberry buys from rather than the oem Chinese knock-offs. Thanks -Mike T
    11-11-10 11:16 AM
    sw-box.com

check that out, i found what i needed there and its as good as OEM.
    11-14-10 06:16 AM
    Hi, I have recently replaced the keypad membrane for my 8330, having purchased the common type you see online. They are made differently than my original, and these replacements have small strips of white tape over the little contact domes, rather than fully covering them as the original mylar membrane does.

The trackball dome on my original mylar had an exposed dome disc with a small nipple on top to contact the trackball. It is not like the common tiny gold domes you find on ebay.

I can not find a replacement that looks like the original mylar membrane, and would like to know if there is a source for parts that Blackberry buys from rather than the oem Chinese knock-offs. Thanks -Mike T
    I have to replace my mylar on a curve2 8530 how did you replace the mylar? Step by step please. I hopr u get this or some one answers this for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD