Like, when I roll it the cursor will skip or not move at all. It's also getting a little darker in color. Does it just need a good cleaning? What's the safest, quickest way to disassemble the trackball and clean it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:50 AM
    If you'll search how to clean trackball a good detailed thread will pop up and show you how to clean the trackball.

02-13-09 11:51 AM
    How to remove and clean your trackball.

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > General BlackBerry Discussion > BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ

I'd post the link for you, but not enough posts yet.
    02-13-09 11:53 AM
    Personally I get isopropyl alcohol from the drug store and use a Qtip... wet the Qtip then squeeze out the excess with a paper towel so it is just damp. It is easier and safer than removing the trackball for cleaning and removes all the oil etc.
    02-13-09 01:22 PM
    Second the QTip moistened with isopropyl alcohol. Once the ball is brown though, nothing will remove the discoloration.
    02-13-09 02:45 PM
    Second the QTip moistened with isopropyl alcohol. Once the ball is brown though, nothing will remove the discoloration.
    Yeah, then it's time for a replacement...and you might as well dye the replacement before installation for that added tweak.
    02-13-09 02:59 PM
    Yeah, then it's time for a replacement...and you might as well dye the replacement before installation for that added tweak.
    Or you can dye the grungy brown ball black.

Link in my sig, first post has link to dyeing trackballs.
    02-13-09 03:02 PM
    It sounds like you need a good cleaning of the trackball. Just google blackberry trackball cleaning. There should be steps on there that would solve your 'sticky' trackball. Its a really easy process so you should have no problem taking it out.

02-13-09 04:53 PM
    Q-Tips can create more lint to foul up the works. Stop by the electronics section of your favorite store & pick up the foam tipped swabs made for electronics.

02-13-09 05:00 PM
    Personally seeing that you have Sprint/Nextel I would just take your handset to a repair location. If you carry insurance there is no charge for the cleaning or $35 for the cleaning if you dont have insurance. This way if something happens they have to replace the handset, where as if you do something you have to pay either for an insurance claim or a $119 repair fee if you dont have insurance (because of physical damage)
    02-13-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD