To make my BlackBerry Curve 8300 experience more valuable for private as well for business use, I bought myself some applications which I use very frequently. All together is did make my BB indispensible. Especially new BB users are finding themselves installing and uninstalling a lot of apps. Some of those apps are keepers, some not. In the category of �keepers�, I listed some apps that do make my live a lot easier.

For those that are a bit disoriented in the abundance of available BB software, here a list of software that is surely worth a look.

TrackIT: Custom Edition
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This application allows you to create databases with a custom made data entry screens. You can create calculation fields too. There is a lot of database oriented software you do not have to purchase because you can make it yourself. It allows you to import CSV files and create databases from it. Product support is average.

GridMagic
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like Excel, you must like GridMagic too. You can create spreadsheets or read spreadsheets. If you�re a power / business user, this app is a must have. I�m naked without it. Product support is okay.

ToDoMatrix

People are surprised because I remember so many things. I created a lot of recurring ToDo�s that reminds me to wash my dog, Pay my bills, to renew my subscriptions, to service my car and many more. Of course I created much short term ToDo�s. The notify possibilities for a ToDo are awesome. It even sends a mail to someone that has to do something for you. Check it out! Product support is good.

Olive Tree Bible Reader (NKJ Version)
    If you into reading the �book of life�, I think Olive Tree Bible Reader will be a perfect solution for reading the Bible on the go. I mostly use it as research tool for biblical discussions. The reader is for free, but some translations are not. I never needed support.

Viigo
    If you into news / RSS / XML feeds, Viigo is a must have app. It�s free and extremely user friendly. You can even email the things you read to anyone from out the app. I believe that there is no better news feeder on the market. The interface is no more or less of that is has to be. I never used the product support.

Mobylo! Multi Alarm
    You can setup up to 5 different alarms with up to 3 sounds. You can discriminate between every individual day of the week. It�s also possible not to alarm you on holidays or specific dates. It became indispensable while I was in my trial period. I never used the product support.

Genius Pro
    If we talk about conversions of any kind, Genius Pro is the application that will do it for you. In my line of work, this app is indispensable. I�m from Europe and grow up with meters, kilometers and kilos, but here on Aruba I have to use inches, yards and ounces. I�m lost without this app. I never used to product support.

Pocket Day
    Your appointments, the weather, missed calls, unread emails, RSS feeds, market stocks, world times and memos are all on one readable screen. You�re able to create hotkeys to access you applications and a lot more functionality. I think that every power / business user have to try this really great app. It�s integrating with Empower too. Product support is okay.

Opera Mini

Well, just a better and free browser. Ones you try it, you stuck with it.

Empower
    Especially HTML emails viewed with the default BB email viewer looks like sh*t. Not so with Empower. Finally my emails are readable. It integrates with PocketDay too. It�s less �heavy� than the BBsmart email viewer. I never used the product support.

Daruba.
    03-21-08 02:24 PM
    Thanks for this list. I'm a BB newbie but a smartphone pro. I'm looking for replacements for many apps I need to carry around with me.

Trackit sounds good. Hopefully, it is smaller and faster than the BB version of HandDBase.

I've used OliveTree on a variety of devices for many years. I also use Laridian. These BBs don't have alot of memory and I'm hoping it can store and access books on a memory card.
    04-19-08 08:45 PM
    Nice reviews!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 10:37 PM
    Thank you for that informative list.

One that has made my must have list is MobiPocket Reader. In addition to the huge selection of eBooks, it can import and read TXT and HTM pages stored on the memory card.

A tiny on device cache keeps your bookmarks, very handy and useful for looking up reference material.

Totally stable, no need of support when I started with a desktop install.

500 Kb of device memory well spent.

Mobipocket.com - eBooks and ebook reader for your PC, PDA and Smartphone: Palm, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, or PocketPC.
    04-20-08 12:09 PM
    ...One that has made my must have list is MobiPocket Reader. ...[/url]
    This looks indeed awesome. Especially if you into eBooks.

Thanks for your contribution.

Daruba.
    04-20-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD