I took the plunge today, and upgraded to 4.5.0.52; I am mostly happy with the results (video camera, voice notes recorder), but I have two problems that I have found so far. (And forgive me for putting two unrelated problems in one thread.)

First off, I did have Empower Mail Viewer; when I upgraded, although I had loaded it in the DM (4.5), and it was showing up my Applications List in Options, my Emails were no longer showing images or smart links. I removed Empower via DM, but I am still seeing HTML language instead of images in my Emails. For links, I see HTML language, but it does link to the browser. Should I see images and/or smart links in my Email with 4.5? (If I should see images, I am SOL, since the 4.5 download isn't via my carrier.)

Second, I got on my browser, and went to Youtube; when I click on a particular video, I am brought to a blank video screen that just sits there. Does it take a lot longer to load YouTube videos than I am allowing, or are they somehow not uploading at all? (The message at the bottom of the video page will say "Loading", then it goes off, and I'm still left with no video.)

Unless I find something else, that should be it for now!
    07-22-08 07:00 PM
    3rd party html want work on 4.5 as far as I know and I have no problems with youtube...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 07:07 PM
    ummm you dont have a problem really
    as far as youtube you have to be on an EDGE network and not gprs

as far as html just go to your carriers BIS site and find the "send service books " option and resend your service books
    then go to your email folder and select options and email settings
    make sure enable html email is enabled(yes)
    07-22-08 07:08 PM
    OK, re the Email, I resent service books, checked to make sure HTML was enabled, and all is good now.

However, re Youtube; I'm on EDGE, so it seems it should work. I really don't watch that much YouTube, but still, it would be nice to have it working, if it's supposed to be working.
    07-22-08 07:25 PM
    OK, re the Email, I resent service books, checked to make sure HTML was enabled, and all is good now.

However, re Youtube; I'm on EDGE, so it seems it should work. I really don't watch that much YouTube, but still, it would be nice to have it working, if it's supposed to be working.
    to be honest with you i tried to look at a youtube video once....it took too long and i never tried again...dont know about you but thats not real high on my list of things i just have to fix on my BB
    07-25-08 07:14 AM
    to be honest with you i tried to look at a youtube video once....it took too long and i never tried again...dont know about you but thats not real high on my list of things i just have to fix on my BB
    Agree - I am running a beta 4.5, and I can play youtube videos, but they take forever to load - not worth it in my humble opinion....
    07-25-08 07:19 AM
    you goin to m.youtube.com?
    07-25-08 08:07 AM
    I tried that, Trev; same same.
    07-25-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD