I'm not sure what's wrong with my phone but lately is has been really slow! But only when I receive text messages from one person... any other texts I get send and receive quickly. But when I am sending or receiving messages from this person it takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute to actually open a message and then when sending a reply it somewhat freezes and will not let me scroll or do anything and half the screen goes away. Any suggestions as to what the issue is? Thanks!!
    11-29-08 04:56 PM
    Check your memory. Sounds like there isn't enough file free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:58 PM
    No there is definitely enough memory! Like I said it's only texts to one person... anyone else I text it sends and receives quickly and doesn't freeze up.
    11-29-08 04:59 PM
    have you tried a batt. pull and or also making sure that you close down the page if you call it.....
    after sending a message
    11-29-08 05:02 PM
    Try battery pulls? Those solve everything lol

Are you and the person you're texting on different carriers? Same thing would happen to me sometimes w/ different carriers but not as bad as you

11-29-08 05:02 PM
    Try deleting the txts from that person, or adjust how many previous msgs your phone will display. I remember hearing someone having the same problem with regasrds to only one contact and it turned out the phone was atempting to display tooooooo many txts from that person.
    Bill

11-29-08 05:07 PM
    That sounds about right because he is the main person I text. But is there a way to delete more than 1 text at a time? And the shortest amount of storage time I saw was 15 days is there a way to do less? Thanks!!
    11-29-08 05:16 PM
    That sounds about right because he is the main person I text. But is there a way to delete more than 1 text at a time? And the shortest amount of storage time I saw was 15 days is there a way to do less? Thanks!!
    Holding down shift and scrolling down the messages lets you delete more than one at a time.

11-29-08 05:22 PM
    You'll need to go under

Options> sms messages> and change the number of previous messages. I have mine set at 8 but I would think 5 would even be plenty.

Hope this helps.

Bill

11-29-08 05:29 PM
    That worked! Thankss!!
    11-29-08 05:32 PM
    Anytime

Bill

11-29-08 05:37 PM
    When u have that persons text highlighted in the sms page (before opening the text) hit ur blackberry button, select search sender or search recipient. All of the texts to and from that person will highlight. Then u can select either to delete prior to delete all of the texts from that person, or just shift and scroll over the ones u want to delete and it will highlight the ones u scroll over. Then hit delete button.

11-29-08 05:39 PM
    Have you tried deleting and blocking that person? =D

11-29-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD