today i was sending a sms and put my phone down. it started to vibrate 2 times. i have it set up for 2 vibrations then a tone. after the vibration there was no tone. i took it out of the case and checked it out. the light was flashing red but there was no new message. i went through all my new sms and calls, nothing. a few min. later it was still flashing so i shut it off and went back to work. 5 min after turning it off it vibrated 2 times with no tone after. 10 min later 2 more vibrations. during the next 1 plus it continued to do this. i checked the phone and not only was there no new messages but it was still on. i removed the battery, waited, and then turned it back on. several minutes later 2 more vibrations. this has been happening since 1pm today but hasn't gone off in 2 hours.
    any ideas as to why this is happening?
    i've has some freinds tell me when they call me they can not leave a message. they are told there is a problem with my service. i don't think these issues are related but i figured i'd throw it out there.
    chris
    07-01-09 08:34 PM
    this morning my phone started doing it again.
    flashing red light and vibrating for no reason.
    07-02-09 10:18 AM
    Sorry....all kidding aside....Maybe try to change the profile on your phone. I know that I have mine set for different vibrations/rings depending on the profile, and whether it's in the holster or not.
    07-02-09 12:19 PM
    Sorry....all kidding aside....Maybe try to change the profile on your phone. I know that I have mine set for different vibrations/rings depending on the profile, and whether it's in the holster or not.
    i called verizon today to see what they had to say. they said it was an unknown issue and wanted me to reset the phone. also it turns out verizon turned my voicemail off for no reason.
    07-03-09 12:34 AM
    Any programs on your phone like twitterberry , ubertwitter, email, etc?
    07-03-09 01:52 AM
    Weatherbug alerts me with vibration and a tone if there is a weather alert. Do you have anything like that installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 07:38 AM
    no twitterberry or anything like that.
    i do have weatherug, but it has never done that before.
    07-03-09 12:05 PM
    I had the same problem. It was gmail running in the background and alerting me to new messages. But because there was nothing in the blackberry messages folder I was confused for some time. I just properly exited gmail from it's menu so it would quit alerting me.
    07-06-09 12:03 PM
    I have found the same issue with WeatherBerry. I was getting alerts with a tone I did not recognize and couldn't find any messages. I finally found it was WeatherBerry with a weather alert.

I have also found the same thing with the Gmail app.
    07-07-09 11:20 PM
    The same happened to my phone. Unfortunately they told me at AT&T that I had to wipe my phone, which would erase everything like it was in the beginning. it seemed to help
    11-20-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD