Ok, when I goto my "Loader Files" folder and to my "OS Folder" nothing is there. Has anyone else had this problem? I just was able to change the vendor themes and now there is nothing in my OS folder. Weird. Any suggestions?
    07-01-08 07:59 PM
    Either you inadvertently deleted the files, in which case they're in the recycle bin, or you're looking in the wrong place for them. In either case, you're not going to be able to make any other OS changes until you find them. The Loader files should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.2.2.196_P3.0.0.84, to use my file for example. Be sure you don't skip the branch in the tree at Common Files. It's a common mistake (defined as meaning one I've made, too.)
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-01-08 at 09:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    07-01-08 09:24 PM
    Yea im not skipping anything. This is crazy. I would know if I moved or deleted the files! Nothing is in it! I don't know what I could of done. Could a virus I had recently got rid of on my computer would of done this?!?
    07-01-08 09:31 PM
    If you had a virus since you installed the OS, I suppose anything's possible, but I haven't read anyone reporting that. If you look in Windows Control Panel, add/remove programs, do you see two entries for Blackberry, one for Desktop manager and one for the device OS?

If so, what happens when you use Windows' search function to search for the file name of your OS file?
    07-01-08 09:34 PM
    Quick question, did you recently delete Desktop Manager.
    That usually takes out my OS also, if I click
    delete user options.
    07-01-08 09:45 PM
    lol crap, thats probably it. I deleted it to re-install the new Desktop manager. But I swore I was installing vendor themes after i installed the new DM. Ahh I dont know, sh*t happens! :/
    07-01-08 09:47 PM
    Quick question, did you recently delete Desktop Manager.
    That usually takes out my OS also, if I click
    delete user options.
    That's good to know...I deleted and reinstalled DM once, but it was a while back. I don't remember if it deleted the OS, but maybe I didn't delete user options.
    07-01-08 09:51 PM
    So theres no way i could get it back? lol
    07-01-08 09:52 PM
    If it's the current OS, you can just d/l it again from Verizon.
    07-01-08 09:53 PM
    It is not a big deal anyhow... just re-install the OS... takes all of 5 minutes!

Any memory optimization or BlackBerry.alx file modifications you had done will take another 5 or 10 to re-do... and it is good practice

Then you will be good to go. And a good lesson... keep a folder with the files you like to remove so you remember and do not have to follow any guide! Or make a .txt file documenting all of the mods you perform on your install!
    07-01-08 09:56 PM
    Bmcclure: have you had any experience looking for older OS files? The other day I was trying to help a guy who'd deleted 4.2.2.176 after he installed 4.2.2.196, then wanted to go back. Verizon only had 4.2.2.196 available. Did I just miss it? Is there any easy source of older files?
    07-01-08 10:17 PM
    Cool thanks for the info guys! I'll just reinstall 4.5 on my phone and I should be back up and running
    07-02-08 08:52 AM
    Bmcclure: have you had any experience looking for older OS files? The other day I was trying to help a guy who'd deleted 4.2.2.176 after he installed 4.2.2.196, then wanted to go back. Verizon only had 4.2.2.196 available. Did I just miss it? Is there any easy source of older files?
    BlackBerry is the repository of OS files.

You could check the other carrier versions, most of them will still contain the files for the supported devices. T-Mobile has the .180 available, perhaps one of the other GSM carriers will have .176, if the original carrier has updated their support files.
    07-02-08 10:35 AM
    No, I have not reverted back far enough to need to search for old releases. I have always had luck finding OSes on TMobile's and BlackBerry's website!!

I guess you could attempt a search on Google. Just a question... why does the user not like the new OS? Being a minor upgrade from revision to revision, I would think that there would not be a huge difference. But I guess he needs the other OS!
    07-02-08 10:38 AM
    [QUOTE=bmcclure937;450911]... why does the user not like the new OS? Being a minor upgrade from revision to revision, I would think that there would not be a huge difference...QUOTE]

I don't recall, and he was PM'ing me, so it's not in the forum. I haven't heard from him since. I don't generally attempt help by PM for just that reason.
    07-02-08 12:23 PM
    Ok, I reinstalled the OS for my phone, now my DM will not recognize it. ???
    07-02-08 07:59 PM
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

If so try connecting using the Connection Options
    07-02-08 08:07 PM
    SVP j'aimerais savoir si je pouvais avoir le flash 8830-v4.2.2.196_P3.0.0.84\CDMA\VERIZON si oui j'aimerais que vous me l'envoy� � mon adresse electranique directement [email protected] merci et a bient�t pour une reponse favorable

Jean Marc
    12-07-08 07:06 AM
    SVP j'aimerais savoir si je pouvais avoir le flash 8830-v4.2.2.196_P3.0.0.84\CDMA\VERIZON si oui j'aimerais que vous me l'envoy� � mon adresse electranique directement [email protected] merci et a bient�t pour une reponse favorable

Jean Marc
    Bonjour Jean-Marc,

Il y'a plusieurs choix ici. Ci dessous vous trouverai une deux possibilit�s pour t�l�charger le logiciel.
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ge-sprint.html
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

J'ai esp�re que cette information remplierais votre demande. Vous pouvez toujours m'envoyer un PM, ci jamais.
    12-07-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD