After seeing the Black housings threads I was really digging the look, but wanted to do my own painting. So I thought I'd buy an all white housing and then paint my original one black. (This will be another thread in the future...it has yet to be done)

I had promised videos of the disassembly and reassembly, but I wasn't able to get a camera and was too anxious to put it on. There were a few glitches along the way, but it was really quite easy. I have noticed that the top faceplate doesn't want to sit flush on the sides up towards the screen. I'm hoping this doesn't cause any dust issues in the future.

Anyway I bought the housing kit from truesupplier.com and it took just under 4 weeks to get to me from China. The kit included. Front Faceplate/Back Battery Cover/Black Side Rubbers (with buttons)/Bottom Antenna Cover/Home Row Keys/Black Track Ball (with the thin black ring around it unlike the ones sold from cnn.cn)/Black Keypad/Main Plastic Inner Construction (I didn't use this because it would appear that I would have had to do alot of swapping of parts from the original like battery connections, antenna, etc. which may be one of the reasons the faceplate doesn't sit flush.)/T5 and T6 magnetic Screwdrivers. All this cost me like 55 bucks.

All plastic seems durable and not cheap. Everything appears to be OEM. I will say the white on the Battery Cover is slightly dull compared to the Antenna and Faceplate color. I've come to ignore it since I am usually just looking at the front. Pictures don't really show the difference.

Anyway...PICTURES!!!

Forgot to mention while I had the phone apart I markered the LEDs on the Keypad Blue.

UPDATE AFTER HAVING THIS HOUSING FOR OVER 6 MONTHS!!!!!

After having the White Housing for several months now I have some additional things to say about it.

The fact that it wasn't quite snug to the screen was allowing dust to get in and I still have to take it apart every once in awhile and clean the screen.

The bottom piece and faceplate seem to be made out of a different material than the back battery cover. The bottom and faceplate are a black plastic that has been painted or colored in some way. So when it gets drop the result is a white housing with black scratches. It has to be dropped pretty good to get these black marks though.

The battery cover on the other had seems to be made of a white plastic, but the colors are slightly different between the batt cover and the faceplate/bottom. After 3 or 4 months the plastic thing that clamps to the housing broke and the batt cover would no longer stay clamped. I used it like that for probably a month before just putting my original titanium batt cover on. So now my BB looks like an old car that's been in several accidents and has different colored fenders...haha.

Well those are my observations after owning this Housing for sometime. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Prafeston; 07-30-09 at 12:41 AM.
    01-29-09 01:29 AM
    Wow....im speechless.
    01-29-09 01:31 AM
    Wow, nice... I'm going to have to put these on, your phone is so bright white
    There, that's better...
    01-29-09 01:33 AM
    Yeah...I think it turned out pretty cool. I just wish that faceplate would sit flush. You can see it a little bit up towards the headphone jack on the left side and the volume keys on the right that it's warped slightly.
    01-29-09 01:33 AM
    Wow, nice... I'm going to have to put these on, your phone is so bright white
    There, that's better...
    The flash on the camera may have made the phone seem slightly brighter than it is, but it is WHITE! haha.
    01-29-09 01:35 AM
    I was wondering when you were gonna get your order. Haha. It looks greattttt! Love it!

Did the faceplate include the foam seal on the back of the LCD lens?
    01-29-09 01:37 AM
    Yeah it came with glue...just peeled off the sheet from ontop of the foam and stuck it down. It also came with that foam glue on the bottom of the home row piece. I'm very pleased with how professional and OEM everything appears...except for faceplate not fitting flush...oh and the battery cover being a slightly different color.
    01-29-09 01:40 AM
    Yeah it came with glue...just peeled off the sheet from ontop of the foam and stuck it down. It also came with that foam glue on the bottom of the home row piece. I'm very pleased with how professional and OEM everything appears...except for faceplate not fitting flush...oh and the battery cover being a slightly different color.
    Where did you get it from?
    01-29-09 01:41 AM
    Did the faceplate include the foam seal on the back of the LCD lens?
    Doesn't look like it, or you wouldn't be able to see the white sides of the case inside, through the lens in the first and second picture. Or is that the side of the faceplate I'm seeing?
    01-29-09 01:41 AM
    Why do you think the faceplate isn't sitting flush? Wouldn't OEM fit properly? I changed my housing once and the faceplate did the same thing but then I realized I broke the little tabs on the inside of the side rails and that's what the issue was.
    01-29-09 01:42 AM
    Looks pretty cool - nicely done.
    01-29-09 01:42 AM
    I was wondering when you were gonna get your order.
    Just so you know I placed the order on Dec. 30th. Right after Christmas and right before New Years...so this may have slowed things down and I think I got the package on Jan. 22nd or 23rd. I was given a tracking number, and it said the package left Hong Kong on Jan. 7th and it didn't update until it showed up at my door...haha.
    01-29-09 01:43 AM
    He said truesupplier.com in his OP.
    01-29-09 01:44 AM
    Why do you think the faceplate isn't sitting flush? Wouldn't OEM fit properly?
    Others who got theirs from cnn.cn said the lens was bulging up because the foam gasket/seal was too thick. Is this the case here?
    01-29-09 01:45 AM
    Others who got theirs from cnn.cn said the lens was bulging up because the foam gasket/seal was too thick. Is this the case here?
    Could be...I didn't really compare the foam from the OEM before I put on the new one.
    01-29-09 01:47 AM

The phone was so bright I didn't catch that.
    01-29-09 01:48 AM
    Alright well let me ask this.. Does anyone not have the foam seal? I mean has anyone replaced their screen our housing without it? If so, any issues with dust considering that's what it's there to prevent. (Supposedly)

Sorry if that's a bit of a hijack!
    01-29-09 01:49 AM
    The phone was so bright I didn't catch that.
    That's why you need some of these...
    01-29-09 01:50 AM
    Alright well let me ask this.. Does anyone not have the foam seal? I mean has anyone replaced their screen our housing without it? If so, any issues with dust considering that's what it's there to prevent. (Supposedly)

You should ask Rachel..she does like a housing swap a week!
    01-29-09 01:51 AM
    You should ask Rachel..she does like a housing swap a week!
    Haha, you make a very good point!
    01-29-09 01:52 AM

I put mine on without the foam seal, and yes, I am getting some dust/lint under my lens from the tiny gap between the top home row keys and lens. Also possibly from the open earpiece hole on the replacement housing (OEM has a piece of black mesh/fabric).

Come to think of it, my housing did come with a piece of black foamy material, but it was a rectangular shape. I'm going to have to look at it again to see if that was the foam gasket for behind the lens.
    01-29-09 01:53 AM
    That's why you need some of these...
    Id be sure to get some. Wow bro walking around with that phone will sure to get you a lot of attention!
    01-29-09 01:54 AM
    It's much the opposite of the stealthy black phone. Which is why I'm glad I'll have both soon. Sometimes you just want to be seen!
    01-29-09 02:00 AM
    Looks awesome. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Bold from 8300 in a couple of months so will have to see how I can personalise the Bold. Wish I'd done my Curve a year ago!!
    Great job though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 03:29 AM
    Now that T-Mobile is coming out with the 8900 I'm considering it...but I don't think I'm ready for an upgrade til August. So my White Curve will suit me just fine till then.
    01-29-09 01:59 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD