Hi. Yay!!! Got my new BB Curve 8300 today. Moved from the Treo 750v to this beauty, and loving every minute of it. I have a few initial noobie questions though that I hope someone here will be able to assist me.

1) I got this BB from another carrier, and since it's unlocked, I could use my own carrier. However, my carrier doesn't have BIS, nor any other BB services. I have the unlimited data plan with my carrier, and thought to try this out before committing to the BIS plan. When I got my curve, I can't seem to be able to find the BB Browser. I can't even set any email settings! Strange... Can someone help?

2) Is there some special function to enable me to use BB without BIS? BIS where I come from is quite expensive compared to data unlimited plan. I don't need push email. I just want to be able to check some email when I'm not in the office.

Well, these two are the major problems I'm facing now. Would really appreciate some help for me to enjoy my new Curve to the max.
    03-04-08 06:55 AM
    I dont think you will be able to use it to its fullest without your carrier having BIS.
    03-04-08 08:56 AM
    Yeah. Plan to go and register a new carrier today to get the BIS. Sigh... hate changing my mobile number again...
    03-04-08 05:09 PM
    Are you in the US? If so, you can just port your current number to your new carrier so that you don't have to change your number.
    03-04-08 05:30 PM
    I live in Malaysia, so carriers here don't have that option. Too bad for me... Well, it's a sacrifice that is well worth it for the BB!!! Hahaha...
    03-04-08 05:37 PM
    The idea of MNP (Mobile Number Portability) in Malaysia was talked about earlier last year but no credible news about it now. Too bad....
    03-31-08 03:13 AM
    Hey Safri. You from Malaysia as well? wow... great to have a fellow malaysian on board.
    03-31-08 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD